Chapter Five

11:32 am

Tweek: Craid, I dont wann a= go to spanifdh, wijl you ditch wuht me? (Craig, I don't wanna go to Spanish, will you ditch with me?)

Craig smiled as he looked down at his phone. Of course he would ditch with Tweek, he didn't care for biology class.

Craig: Of course. Meet me at your locker.

Tweek: I;m atnmy locketr alreadt, where are yoi? (I'm at my locker already, where are you?)

Craig: Bathroom. Be there in a sec.

He put his phone away before reading Tweek's response and left the restroom. He carelessly walked down the hallway to find Tweek and smiled wider as he approached. Craig was known around the town as the stoic, "edgy" teenager who was never satisfied and kept everything to himself. And this was true, for the most part. But when it came to his friends and especially Tweek, he couldn't help but smile. The people he was closest to were the people he showed the most personality around; something others couldn't seem to understand. "Pretty unlike you to ditch, Tweek. What's up?"

"I dunno, I just really didn't feel like going to Spanish. We never learn anything anyways." Tweek grabbed his hand and smiled back. "What should we do?" He pondered aloud as they got closer to the exit doors.

Craig squeezed his hand. "Let's go to the pond. We haven't been in a while."

Tweek nodded in agreement. The two had only gone about a few meters before they heard the sound of footsteps coming from the hallway they had just exited.

Craig glanced around. "Stay quiet," He whispered.

"Gah!"

"Shit."

Tweek slapped a hand over his mouth in hopes of keeping his anxiety-induced vocal tics to a minimum. But unfortunately, it was too late; the person in the hallway had already heard and was coming their way.

"Hey, who's there? This is class time, you should be in class," An ambivalence voice called.

Craig and Tweek exchange nervous glances, stopping in their tracks. They both turn slowly to be met with the questioning gaze of an unspecified staff member, one that neither boy recognized.

"What are you two doing outside of class?" The Teacher Lady asked, eyeing the two's intertwined fingers.

Craig stayed silent. He looked at Tweek, hoping he'd come up with some excuse, but the blond boy just stood there shaking. "Um," Craig started. "We were... getting something from... locker?" Yeah, he had never really been a great liar.

Teacher Lady rolled her eyes at the couple. "Please," She scoffed and put her hands to her hips. "Out of all the excuses I've heard, that one was the least convincing. You two are probably on your way to have sexual intercourse in the men's room or something."

Tweek started to laugh at the words "sexual intercourse" and choked on dust, spiraling him into a coughing fit. Craig began patting him hard on the back and gave Teacher Lady a sheepish half-smile. "We weren't about to fuck in the bathrooms, ma'am," He clarified.

"Get to class." And with that, Teacher Lady walked off, leaving Tweek coughing and Craig patting his back and standing there awkwardly.

A few minutes passed; Tweek was still coughing away and neither of them had said a word. Craig looked down at him, he was beginning to be concerned. "Um, are you okay?" He asked. "Do you like, want some water or something?"