Chapter 6: Singing for Each Other

"Where's Jungkook?" Taehyung asked as Namjoon entered the living room.

"He'll be out in a minute."

And after a moment Jungkook did indeed enter the room. He took a seat on one of the counter stools.

"Morning Jungkook!" Hoseok ruffled Jungkook's hair.

Jungkook smiled. "Good morning."

"Jungkook called me hyung this morning," Namjoon said with the air of one revealing a great secret. Hoseok and Jin made noises of awe and astonishment.

Jungkook blushed slightly and mumbled, "Sorry, sunbae."

"No! I like you calling me hyung. You should do it all the time." Namjoon slung his arm around Jungkook. "From now on I am your hyung!"

Jungkook grinned sheepishly. Namjoon meant it, right? Or was he only joking? No, he didn't seem upset so it should be fine...? Just go for it. He took a deep breath. "Ok, Namjoon hyung..."

Hoseok grinned. "Taehyung, see what wonders your presence has wrought!"

"Hey, Jungkook, I want to be called hyung too!" Jin slapped his hand down on the counter top.

"Jin, you're burning the food." Yoongi commented.

Jin turned back hurriedly to the stove, making cries of distress.

Yoongi stood up reluctantly. "I'll help."

Hoseok pointed. "Another miracle!"

Yoongi stood for a moment, staring at Hoseok. "Piss off," was his only comment. Hoseok began to frown.

Namjoon, seeing the danger signals, quickly changed the topic of conversation. "So, Taehyung, none of us have seen you performing yet."

"I'm not that used to rapping or dancing yet." Taehyung protested. Seeing the slight disappointment on the others' faces, he added, "But I can sing for you, if you like."

"You totally should. I want to hear what your voice sounds like." Jin smiled encouragingly. Yoongi took the spatula from him, clearly done with the distracted cook.

"But only if Jungkook sings too." Taehyung grinned mischievously at Jungkook who looked slightly like a deer in headlights.

"Deal." Namjoon shook hands firmly with Taehyung. "Who's going first?"

Taehyung looked questioningly at Jungkook who shook his head quickly. "Taehyung first."

"What should I sing?"

"Rolling In the Deep!" Hoseok grinned cheekily as the other members gave him looks. "What? It was one of last year's top songs."

Taehyung shrugged. It was a good song for showing off his voice. "Sure. Let me get the lyrics."

Taehyung cleared his throat, thinking about how he wanted to sing this. He took a deep breath. "There's a fire starting in my heart. Reaching a fever pitch and it's bringing me out the dark." Taehyung sang slower than the original version, taking his time to vibrate the notes and roll the words around his mouth. "Finally I can see you crystal clear. Go 'head and sell me out and I'll lay your ship bare."

The members smiled appreciatively as they listened to Taehyung's quiet voice in the quiet apartment. Sure, Taehyung didn't have much vocal training, but his voice was deep and soft. And Taehyung was what, 15? Incredible.

When Taehyung finished singing the energy in the room noticeably picked up, no longer grounded by Taehyung's voice. Hoseok was the first to speak. "That was amazing."