8

I had been at Sherman Oaks high for almost a month and things were the exact same.

All things considered though, Sherman Oaks wasn't as bad as I had anticipated well with the exception of my new nickname: barbecue girl, very flattering I know.

Speaking of girl, Paxton had one, much to the dismay of Sherman Oak high. Almost overnight every girls dream was shattered, with the exception of mine - I didn't dream, not about paxton, not often...anyway.

And on that note, let's move to Paxton: he totally hated me, well as much you could hate someone you don't know. I still don't think he forgave me for assuming he was a bully too, I hadn't thought thought it was that offensive yet somehow, it had pushed him over the edge.

And, I still ate my lunch in the toilet cubicle and as I'd continue to do so until, eventually, someone wanted to open their arms to me and pet me like the damaged bird I am. And the blonde guy? You know the one who poured BBQ sauce of me, he never looked at me again.

I take my books out of my locker, clutching them to my chest. I had decided to put effort in today and not because I knew Paxton would walk down this corridor today, because I mean that would just be ridiculous right?

"Hey" a voice said from behind my locker door. I jump in surprise and my books fall to the ground, papers flying out. I let out an inward groan, for goodness sake.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry" I look up and see Paxton: had he just approached me, oh my god. I immediately crouch to the floor, eager to avoid too much eye contact.

"Here let me help" and crouches down too, smile on his face. My heart had suddenly became increasingly loud as he began gathering the papers with me, sweat gathering in my palm.

Oh my god, what if I smell, what if my breath is bad.

"Are you good?" He asked, rising with a handful of notes. He was asking if I was okay? Does he care about me, oh my god.

"Yes, I'm great!" I squeaked out, oh fuck. "I mean, I'm great" I repeated, voice a deep baritone. He lets out a soft laugh.

"Anyway, listen, there's going to be a party at Trents on Saturday and I think it would be really cool if you came" Wait, what.

"You what?" I challenged in shock. I think I'm asleep.

"You down?" He shrugged, smiling.

"I'm down" I exclaimed "in fact I'm so down, I'm already in the ground" I winked. I winked, are you serious, oh my god. Why am I like this, I'm such a piece of trash. He cocks his eyebrow, amusement glinting in his eyes.

"Okay, cool" and squeezes my shoulder comfortingly.

And that was the moment I decided I would never wash my shoulder again.

devyn is gay for ash

GUYS, PAXTON IS IN LOVE
WITH ME

devyn 💘
OMG
UR LYING
ACC NO UR NOT
UR HOT
COURSE HE IS
THIS IS AMAZING OMG

kyle
Say swear

jax
Whaatttt

HE JUST ASKED ME
ON A DATE
I CANT BREATHE
JXSKSOSO
OHMYFOOK

devyn💘
Where omg!!!!

TO A PARTY
I THINK WE ACC
MAY GET MARRIED

kyle
Wait hold up, a party

jax
Yo, can I be the flower
boy

kyle
Fuck off
I'd obviously look better
holding a basket with
flower petals.

HE INVITED ME
TO HIS FRIENDS PARTY
HE WAS LIKE
"I think it would be really
cool if you came"
Pls imagine that in like super sexy
low voice

kyle
so who's going to tell her?

jax
Bagsy not me

tell me what?

kyle
Pussy

jax
Suck out

kyle
Him inviting you to
a party doesn't mean he likes
you, until he makes it blatant
and tells you straight up dont
try and read between the lines.
That would be like me asking you
to come to a party, it doesn't
mean I like you. In a guys eyes
it's just a harmless suggestion,
it has no deeper meanings behind
it.

jax
What he said, listen we know you
like him but don't try and make it
out as something it isn't, it'll just
upset you.

devyn💘
I disagree
I think he's taken a liking
to her, he wouldn't just ask
for no reason. If he was just asking
anyone he would have asked
the whole school.

kyle
😬😬
even if that hot Paxton guy
doesn't love you

devyn💘
We always will🥺

kyle
Well I was going to say
jax does but nvm.

jax
Dargg💀

Hi! So here's another update, I may just spam all my chapters haha, also, the book is going to involve social media chapters as well as story chapters

...
Hi! So here's another update, I may just spam all my chapters haha, also, the book is going to involve social media chapters as well as story chapters. It won't be super often obviously but there's some scenes that I can't describe through just an Instagram post.

I hope you guys are enjoying it! I'm highkey losing motivation but I want to finish this book, and besides I've pre written most of the chapters anyway! Also, thank you so much 1.18k views!! This is insane, you guys are amazing!!!

But enjoy!🥺💘