11

It was the day of Trents party and I was not ready:

It was my first time ever going to a high school party, lame I know but no one ever invited me and now here I was, stood outside trents lawn. God, the things that could go wrong were universal and without the support of my friends at this, I wouldn't have anyone to fall back on.

I take a deep breath and walk up the lawn, music blasting through the quiet streets of San Fernado valley as the inky daze of the night sky had settled up on us. The air was warm with a linger of cold, the scent of alcohol soon permeating through it as I approach the door.

I raise my fist and knock on the door. The door is pulled open and Trent sees me, his expression dropping.

"Oh hey Ash, What are you doing her-" but he's cut off when Paxton peeks his head around the door, grin on his face.

"Whoa! Lynn, you made it!" He exclaimed enthusiastically and grabs my arm, pulling me into the sea of bodies as they rubbed up against one another whilst clutching red solo cups swirling with alcohol.

I clear my throat, the scent burning the back of my nose. I receive a view drunken catcalls but ignore them. We make our way to the lounge and stand besides the table clad with snacks, bottles and drinks.

"Do you want a drink?" He smiled.

"I'll have a sod-" but trail away as he hands me a beer, "a beer!" I exclaimed "I love beer!" blatantly lying as the music thumped around me, rising into the atmosphere alongside the sound of chatter.

"Aren't you going have one?" I asked. I open the can and chug it down immediately, the taste bitter against my tongue.

"I have water" he smiled, showing me his bottle "Anyway, I'm going to look for Zoe" he added and walks off.

And so, I'm left standing there awkwardly, looking around whilst clutching my can in both hands. What was I supposed to do? Despite the commotion of people dancing I find myself a seat on the sofa.

Well this was going to be a long night.

...

It was late now, an hour or so away from midnight and I had done nothing but sit inside, sipping my can with the occasional whistles and stares.

Considering this had been my first party my expectations hadn't been that high but regardless I was disappointed, I'm pretty sure I was supposed to be dancing like crazy, getting drunk and hooking up with boys - none of which that had happened.

I was outside now, sitting by the birdbath near the trees, tucked away in the far corner, the majority were inside, living it up. I sigh and put my hair up, sick of the loose strands flying in my face. And then I hear the crunching of a twig. My eyes widen, anxiety dragging through my body.

"Hello" I called out, pushing myself up. What if it was a serial killer, oh my God. I close my eyes silently praying for my life and then I turn around and yelp.

"You scared me!" I exclaimed whilst Paxton stood there, hands in his pocket. He lets out a soft laugh and my heart flutters.

His laugh.

"sorry, but why aren't you inside" he asked questioningly, gesturing towards the blaring house. I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know anyone"

"You know me" he said.

"But you were with Zoe" I stated. He cocks his eyebrows, moonlight spilling across his face, illuminating the mossy green hue to his eyes.

"Are you jealous?" He smirked. I pull a face and open my mouth to protest.

"Of course not, why would I be jealous?" I disagreed. He narrows his eyes at me and I copy. "Why are we narrowing our eyes" I questioned.

"I don't know" he replied, and then stops.

"Anyway listen, come sit with me on Monday" he said.

"Wait, you were being serious?" I asked. He laughs again, am I really that funny?

"Yes, yes I was" I smile at him, not resisting it this time.

"Okay cool, uh so I guess I'll see you on Monday?"

"Are you already going?" He asked "come on, don't go yet, the partys just starting" he pleaded.

"No it's fine, I'm kinda tired anyway" and fake a yawn "man, school works keeps me up for hours no end" and turn on my foot, ready to walk away.

"Wait" he called out, I turn around, furrowing my eyebrows. "Can I at least drop you off" he suggested. I hesitate, Paxton Hall Yoshida wants to drop me off? Holy crap.

"Uh, yeah, um sure thing" I stutter.

"Dope, let's go" and grabs my hand.

HES TOUCHING MY HAND, OH MY GOD.

Wait, hasn't he got a girlfriend? Fuck.

...

Hi! I'm sorry this isn't like a "Instagram" chapter, I just thought it would be ideal to have this chapter!

You guys reckon it's going too fast? Also, on a side note I had a dream about Harry Styles, honestly it was great. He even sang to me haha.

I'm also rewatching never have I ever again speaking of which Darren is finally verified!! I'm so happy about that!

Enjoy! 🥺💘