Six

Palpatine assumed, with a little work, it would be easy to make Anakin Skywalker fall. In other universes, that may be the case. In many others, however, he fails. This is one of the latter. The Force decides she wants to inflict a little psychological torture on one (1) Sheev Palpatine, and who are we, mere mortals, to deny her? The Force gets what she wants most of the time. The base timeline was so devastating, she ached for her favored children. Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi were destined for tragedy, but also for love, as cheesy as it sounds. Even if in the base timeline, when she didn't interfere, things didn't end up favorably, she has the power to mend the mistakes with countless other timelines. As long as we remember to be grateful for these alternate endings, the truth of the base timeline rings savory.

Now, by no means, does the Force like Palpatine. She sees all outcomes, beginnings, and presents. A little fiddling, and she could have made Sheev Palpatine never exist. However, that would take the fun out of what she's about to do.

"Anakin, my boy, how are you?"

Anakin slowly blinked his eyes open. The Chancellor was calling him at... wait, that wasn't right.

"Chancellor? Wh-Why are you calling at two in the morning?" Anakin frowned. Palpatine blinked and checked his own chrono. 21:04. Huh.

"My boy, it's merely nine in the evening! Though, I may call back if this is a bad time..." he trailed. Anakin shook his head.

"Nah, if it's important, go ahead and tell me," he said. Palpatine grinned internally.

"It's dealing with the rumors about General Kenobi," he said.

"What rumors? There's a lot of those," Anakin said, "If it's the one about his 'sizeable behind,' you don't have to worry, Chancellor, his large hindquarters doesn't get in the way of his fighting," he continued, far too sleepy to really register what he was saying, and to whom it was being said. Palpatine blinked, deciding to shrug that comment off.

"No, my boy, it's not that..." Palpatine trailed for suspense. "There are rumors that your dear Master, ah... is sharing his bed, against the Jedi's precious Code."

"Oh," Anakin snorted. Palpatine frowned.

"Oh?" he asked.

"Yeah, don't worry, Chancellor, it's just me," Anakin said nonchalantly. Palpatine blinked again.

"...I see. It seems you're still tired, dear boy, why don't you get back to sleep," he offered. Anakin nodded.

"Yeah that'd be great. See you later, your excellency," he said, shutting off his datapad. Wait, datapad? Anakin didn't remember giving the Chancellor access to his datapad line, only Ahsoka and Obi-Wan had that. However, Anakin was tired, so he decided to worry about it when he woke. He rolled over and curled into the body beside him. Body? He re-opened his eyes and was met with the sight of a groggy Obi-Wan, shifting from the earlier commotion. That's right, they shared a bed. He just told the Chancellor this. He slung his mech arm over Obi-Wan's waist and wrapped a leg over his hips. He felt Obi-Wan lean back into his touch and he drifted back to sleep.

Back in his apartment, one Sheev Palpatine stared at his desk.

"What does that brat mean 'it's just me'?" he muttered to himself. "Is he sleeping with damn Kenobi?" At this, Palpatine grinned.

"I can use that against the brat," he said, still grinning.

The next morning, Anakin had no recollection of the conversation. He stayed wrapped around Obi-Wan until he woke up, maybe a little after that.

"Anakin, we have to get up, we're landing on Coruscant today," he reasoned. Anakin just groaned and snuggled closer. Obi-Wan rolled his eyes. "What if Ahsoka sees us like this?"