Honestly

'Day 1

I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do with a journal like this, as Jedi aren't supposed to have personal possessions, but the mind-healer recommended I keep one, so here I am. I'm supposed to write in this, you, as if I'm speaking to an old friend. Address it directly, she said, as it makes this whole process easier.

So here I am, sitting on my bunk in the Negotiator, waiting for Anakin to come barging into my room, demanding we spar or grab something to eat together. I'm not complaining, I never could, Anakin is a dear friend and I value his presence greatly. He's fused himself into my routine so greatly that I can't help but make room for him.

Much of my life is the war now, it's quite sad. The Jedi are supposed to be peacekeepers, and yet, here I am, General Kenobi of the Grand Army of the Republic. Anakin seems to thrive in the constant motion, though I've noticed how it affects him. He tinkers more, wanders into my room more, leaves his scattered droid parts all over my floor in my ship and at the Temple more than he used to. Old habits die hard, but it seems they come back stronger in times of great stress. I want to reach out to him, tell him I will be here if he ever needs me, but I'm unsure of how to say it without him assuming I'm trying to pry. I'm content with our relationship as it stands, the last thing I would want is something to jeopardize it.

I can sense Anakin down the hall. He's anxious. I'm assuming I'll be roped into another sparring session in the cargo hold. Goodbye for now.

(I assumed right.)'

"What is this?" The curly-haired Jedi asked his Padawan. The togruta shrugged, eyes slightly red, most likely from tears.

"It was in Master Kenobi's things," she said. She then inhaled deeply. "I think you should read it. I- I skimmed it, but... it might make things easier for you. You guys were closer than anybody else I knew..." Blue eyes looked at her curiously.

"Alright, Ahsoka, I'll take a look at it."

"I didn't see much but... you meant a lot to him."

'Day 4

It seems, much of my life is also Anakin. I spend so much time with him, I feel I might know him better than myself. I know who he contacts when he says he needs a minute, or has important business. I won't pretend it doesn't hurt me, because by the Force, it does. It hurts that he doesn't think he can trust me with this knowledge. I never told him, but when he was first brought to the Temple, I threatened leaving the Order if the Council turned him away. I nearly did. Master Windu himself was the one to walk into my quarters and find me in the middle of packing what few things I had, along with Anakin's, while Anakin himself was sleeping.

It wasn't because of Qui-Gon, not completely. The Force was screaming at me that I had to watch over this boy, and I was inexplicably attached. I still don't understand, but I don't regret it. I never could.

Here he comes again. He's calmer this time. Maybe I can coax him into a joint meditation. I know he struggles otherwise. I don't understand why, but he's always much more relaxed and balanced when we meditate together. It seems there's much I don't understand about Anakin. Goodbye for now.

(Once again, I assumed correct. Our signatures melded somehow and our bond was strengthened. Unsure of what this means.)'

"Anakin, I don't think-"

"He knew, Padme, and I never told him. He never turned us in. I- I can't-" he cut himself off with a sob. The Senator rubbed his back soothingly, unsure of what exactly to say.

"He always cared for you, Ani," she decided on.

"It's all my fault. I should've been better, I should have told him, I-" Anakin choked.