Chapter 36 After The Expedition

Alexia POV

It’s been two days since the accident on the expedition. Due to the mission’s failure, the military order that Eren and Sebastian be turned over to the government. That will be taking place in three days from now. So, we have three days to think about something before they take Eren and Sebastian

Right now, I just woke. It was 5 o’clock in the morning. I got up, went outside, and did my morning routine, then went back inside and took a warm shower. It was still early when I finished taking a shower because everyone usually wakes up at 7 o’clock for training. I wake up at 5 and take an hour doing my morning routine outside, then after shower I finish at 6:30 sharp. I changed into my uniform before going to the mess hall and grabbed a cup of black tea. I then grabbed two trays of food.

‘Why two?’

Well, Eren and Sebastian are still at the infirmary. I have been bringing them food these past 2 days. I heard that they were getting released today. I only have two trays of food because I usually just drink a cup of black tea in the morning and eat when it's lunchtime.

 I finally made it to the first room. It was Sebastian’s room. I knocked twice. 

“Who?” I heard Sebastian’s voice asked. He’s usually the first one awake, so that’s why I come here first. 

“Alex” I replied. I then heard movement from the other side, and the door swung open. I saw Sebastian standing on the other side.

“Good morning, Seb” I greeted.

“Good morning, Sis” He said, taking one of the trays of food from me and putting it on the small stand next to his medical bed.

“How are you feeling?” I asked.

“Better” He replied, sitting back down on the bed. I nodded. I then helped him put the tray of food in front of him.

“Thanks, Sis” He said. I nodded.

“No problem” I said. He then began eating. 

I stayed there only for a few more minutes before leaving to take the other tray of food to Eren’s room. I didn't bother to knock because I know he was not awake. I walked inside but locked the door right after. 

‘Why?’

Well, I made a mistake last time and didn’t lock it. I almost got caught kissing this stupid brat because of it. I was lucky that I pulled away when I did.

Anyway, I walked inside, put the tray of food on the table next to the bed before then slid the curtains to let light in. I heard a groan from the bed and turned around to see Eren waking up.

“Good morning, brat” I said, grabbing the tray of food and putting it in front of him.

“Huh? Oh, good morning, Alex” He said, smiling. Just then, his smile turned into a frown. I sighed. I hate seeing Eren act like this. He’s been acting like this since we came back from the expedition.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, but I didn’t get a reply back. I sighed before sitting on the bed and grabbed his face. I then forced him to look at me.

“You’re going to tell me what’s been troubling you? I know it’s something big. I could see it in your eyes, brat. What is it?” I asked. 

He didn’t say anything. He then moved his knees close to his chest.

“Eren… ” I began, but he finally spoke. 

“It’s my fault they're dead” Eren said. I raised an eyebrow.