16. There might be some hanky panky involved.

Chapter 16.

There might be some hanky panky involved.

~~

We entered the dimly lit motel and even with the shining sun outside; the motel looked like it was cursed with shadows and ghosts and vampires lurking around, hunting for blood. I looked at the reception desk, a plain brown desk which was surprisingly tidy. A young woman adorned in a skimpy blue dress that left little to imagination. Were receptionists allowed to dress like that?

She sat on a huge chair, flipping magazine pages without even reading anything. Her lips pressed in a disinterested line. The area was pretty neat and a few couples sat on the couches opposite the reception desk, doing different things not worth telling. It looked a little too romantic with red flowers and red curtains with tiny white hearts on it. So much red! For honeymooners indeed.

"1 room with 2 beds for five days." Ace said, removing his wallet.

The young woman looked up and gasped as she saw Ace standing with his glorious half-smile. She stared at him like he was her own personal early Christmas present sent by Santa himself. A sudden jealously filled me and I wrapped my arm around Bryan's arm. "He means one room and one big bed." I emphasized one big, staring at her boldly. I'm so going to regret this after I get my brain back on track.

Her eyes reluctantly left Bryan's body and flickered to me as her mouth transformed into a scowl. "We only have one room with two beds."

My grip tightened on Ace's arm, I didn't dare see his face. I would swallow myself in embarrassment if I did. I blew a puff of arrogant breath. "I said one room and one bed, isn't this thing's name Honeymoon Travelers? I am sure you have a room that satisfies our needs."

Her scowl deepened and she opened the registration book. "Your names and signatures and identification cards."

Ace shook his arm and I retracted my hand back. I looked up at him and was surprised to see him smiling and trying to hide his amusement. We signed and he showed his fake ID, giving a sweet smile to the receptionist. She gulped visibly handing out the keys like they were her panties, "Room number 208, on second floor. If you need anything, anything you can always ask for me, Tanya." She said seductively looking at Ace. Her eyes turned to me and became a glare. "Have a good stay." She snarled.

I smiled sweetly at her. "Oh we will. All over the bed." I hooked my arm into his arm and walked with my head high towards the elevator. The second we got in, Ace burst out laughing. Like literally laughing fit. His hands were on his knees, as he tried not to fall on the floor from laughter. His mouth open as laughter flowed from it and his eyes crinkled with happiness. This was the first time I had seen him laugh so freely and it bought me joy to know I was the one making him laugh. I smiled unconsciously at his guffawing form. He was beautiful!

We reached the second floor and got out, he was still laughing and frankly I didn't know why but I didn't want to ask and stop his laughter. At least I knew he wasn't angry with that little stunt I pulled downstairs.

He took out the key and opened the door. I glanced around, there was a small table with some complimentary cookies on it. The windows were closed with a pale red curtain and a small beige loveseat sat in front of a small TV. A small glass table with a vase and five beautiful red roses in it with a card that said 'Have sweet fun'. To the right was a white door which led to the bathroom. Finally my eyes landed on the left side where a huge bed laid with red blanket, a single big bed and finally the reality sank in. I was going to share a bed with Ace after sharing an intensely passionate kiss.

Never take decisions when you're angry. There's a huge possibility you'll regret it later.

"I can sleep on the ground." He volunteered, noticing my face.