chapter 2. december 21st

We've arrived at my accommodation, Connor's place. I'm supposed to be on alert for the 'surprise' waiting for me, but I find it hard to believe a lot of the things Kian tells me. I know, I know, I should believe him, because I have a crush and everything, but I can shake the feeling that he lies. A lot.

"You ready?" Kian asks, opening his car door.

"Sure." I reply, getting out of the car and helping Kian with my bags.

"Don't worry, it's a good surprise." right...

"Okay." I leave it at that, not wanting to annoy him with my rant.

We walk toward the door, me carrying one bag and Kian carrying three somehow. As I reach the door I hear someone hush others. I ring the doorbell and as Connor comes to greet me I figure out what is happening, the surprise is a party.

Connor opens the door, "Surprise!!!" he and everyone in his entry and lounge yell at me.

"Welcome back Lyss." Connor says and pulls me in for a hug.

Our hug finishes and he pulls me into his house. Everyone is there, Jc, Trevor, Ricky, Tyler, and heaps more! For some reason I'm relieved and I don't really know why.

"Wow, thanks Connor, this is really nice. Thank you."

%

The party is over, the only people left in the house are Connor and me. We start chatting meaninglessly, about anything; what has happened while we haven't been in the same country, what is going to happen while we're in the same country, how he's feeling now that he has told the world that he's gay ..... yeah, pretty much anything. Including my current crush.

"So, who is it?" Connor asks.

"You don't want to know." actually I don't think I should tell you, you'd probably laugh.

"Oh, come on. Of course I want to know, otherwise I wouldn't be asking." good point.

"Umm..."

"Why can't you tell me? I probably don't even know the guy." ha, yes you do.

"Well ..... You do know him...."

"Ooh, who is it?!" he's getting excited, wanting so badly to know who it is that he starts bouncing on the seat.

"You're sure you want to know?"

"Most definitely." of course he does.

"Kian." I mumble, hopefully he didn't hear me.

"I don't blame you." well, it seems he heard. Great.

"Huh?"

"I don't blame you. Because, and don't laugh at me, I think he'd be a great boyfriend. He's good looking, funny and he's a great all round guy, personality wise."

"Okay, thanks. What should I do now?"

"Collab on both his and your main channels and do an ask-Kian-and-Lyss. Then if you need more help, come to me, I'll be glad to help you with your love life."

"Thanks Connor, jeez I'm lucky I met you."