chapter 12. january 1st; new years day

Happy New Year! Kian just broke up with me and now I'm sitting on this public seat trying not to cry and watching the fireworks spray the sky with colour. It's not right, Kian should be sitting with me, kissing me even, but he made sure that wouldn't happen.

So I am sitting here with no money and no boyfriend, trying not to cry while everyone else is celebrating the New Year. I only have one thing I can do; call Connor.

He picks up on the second ring, "Hello?"

"Hey, it's me." I have started crying and he's going to notice.

"Why are you calling me, you're supposed to be in a date.... Actually better question why are you crying?"

"Kian broke up with me."

"What!?"

"Kian broke up with me."

"When?"

"Eleven fifty-nine."

"Oh, my god. It was a prank." he sounds like he's just remembering something important.

"When did you find out?" I am so angry at him right now. Why wouldn't he tell me something like this?

"Just after you left." that's why.

"And you didn't think to text me?"

"I did."

I put my phone on speaker and check my messages. He did. "Oh."

"You there?" he asks, I paused after I saw the message to compose myself, I feel like sitting on the ground, hugging my knees and rolling around while balling my eyes out.

"Yeah." I sob.

"I'll come pick you up, where are you?" I tell him. "I'll be there as soon as I can.

I hang up and hug myself, waiting.

%

I hear a car speed around the corner and skid to a stop next to my seat.

The car door opens. "Lyss?" Connor ask.

"Thanks for coming Connor." I get up and walk over to him, he gives me a hug. I sob on his shoulder.

"Come on, let's go." he says breaking the hug and walking to his car.

"Okay.... I want you to take me to Kian's, I need to talk to him." I've got an idea. I'm going to do something that will probably hurt, but be so much fun. I hate Kian so much right now that any pain come as a relief.

"Umm, sure." we both get in the car and Connor drives to Kian's.

We arrive at Kian's about 10 minutes later and Jc opens the door. "Hey guys, Kian's in the kitchen if you want to talk to him." he says, he looks kind of worried.

"Thanks." I say and walk towards the kitchen. With a smile on my face.

When I stand in front of Kian he looks up, his facial expression changes from miserable to shocked. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to talk, let's go outside." I walk straight out the door and to the corner of the railing.

"What do you want to talk about?" Kian asks, he leans against the railing, looking sexy as ever. My mind cannot wander!

"What happened tonight."

"I'm sorry, it was a prank. I should've told straight after. I'm so sorry. Can you forgive me?"

"No, sorry I can't. You still did it and it still hurt."

"It won't happen again."

"No, it won't. You know why?"

"Because I will never hurt you like that again."

"No, because I'm breaking up with you! And this time it's real, it's not a joke and it most certainly is not a prank. I hope that hurts. Because you hurt me and I can't forgive you for doing that. After all those kisses, the hook up and those amazing dates, you thought it would be funny to break up with me as a prank?! I can't be with someone like that! What was I supposed to do when you broke up with me? Laugh?!" I pause to catch my breath, Kian takes that as his time to talk.

"Look Lyss, I don't want to break up with you, I love you and I can't imagine going a day without kissing your soft, pink lips and hugging you beautiful body. I didn't mean the prank to go so far, I hate that it did and I hate that I even did it. I really hope you can forgive me."

"Kian, I can't do this anymore. I'm leaving in a few days so this is best. We are no longer a couple, but we can be friends if we both put in the work. Bye." and I leave him, walking back into the house and to the front door. "Hey Connor, can we go now. I'm buggered."

"Sure, see ya guys." and we leave.