chapter 8. december 25th; christmas day

I wake up to the sound of wrapping paper ripping. It's Christmas Day and it seems Connor has already started on his presents. I lay in bed for another minute before getting up, getting dressed and going into the lounge-room.

"Morning sleepy head." Connor looks up from his unwrapping to watch me walk in and sit on the couch.

"Morning," I yawn, "any of those for me?" yes, my family's presents are there, silly me.

"Yep, here." he passes me the biggest present there.

"Thanks." I see that the present is from Kian and open it to find a stack of books, some chocolate, a pair of very pretty earrings and a beautiful necklace. Once I've taken everything out of the box I see a note right at the bottom, it's from Kian, 'I'd love it if you could wear the earrings and necklace today, love you I'll be there soon.' Aww sweet.

"What's in there?" Connor asks, passing me a couple more presents. I show him and he laughs. "I always knew Kian gave too much." this comment startled me, he gave too much? What's that supposed to mean?

"Yeah...." I open the rest of my presents and eat a light breakfast. Next thing we know Kian is standing outside Connor's door.

"Hey guys, Merry Christmas. Can I come in?" Kian yells and I jump up to let him in.

"Hey Kian, Merry Christmas." I say, kissing him.

"Hi there stranger, Merry Christmas. There's no need to wake the neighbours, or knock my door down, on Christmas Day." Connor says, very formal. We laugh.

"Show me what you got." Kian says and I take his hand and guide him to the lounge, where all my presents are stacked neatly.

"Thank you for the amazing present, if you didn't notice, I'm wearing the earrings and necklace. They're beautiful."

"I knew they'd look good, they suit you so well. Where's my present?" he asks, jokingly. Thankfully I remembered him while eating lunch yesterday and Connor helped me get him a present. Whew.

"I won't be a second." I let go of his hand and run towards my room grabbing his present and running back to the lounge. "Merry Christmas." I say, handing him the present.

%

"Done." I say placing my knife and fork neatly on the empty plate in front of me.

"Was it any good?" Kian asks, worried that he did an awful job at cooking our Christmas lunch.

"Perfect." I reply knowing full well that there were some changes that could be made. I didn't want to hurt his 'feelings'.

"That's good then." he smiles. "What do you want to do now?"

"I don't have a clue, what do you have planned?"

"A drive, but the drive was supposed to take place tonight. So I don't really know what we can do....."

"I've got an idea." I say, getting up from the table to take his hand and pull him out of his seat.

"And what is that?" he gets out of his seat and I pull him towards the stairs.

"Something fun. Follow me."