chapter 3. december 22nd

"Kian?" I ask.

"Yeah?"

"You wanna do a collab ..... with me?" please, please, say yes. Please.

"Umm, sure." not once did he look up from his phone, so I hope that wasn't hesitation .... or embarrassment.

"Cool."

"Yeah...... Wait what?"

"Did you even hear me?"

"Sure I did, ... I just didn't ... notice what you were saying." he finally looks up. Confusion. And maybe a hint of guilt.

"Ok, I'll ask you again. Do you want to do a collab with me?"

"Definitely ..... When?" Did he respond too fast? I'm worried.

"Whenever." I want to mention the ask-kian-and-lyss thing but I don't know how to.

"Umm, okay, you're not giving me much to go by..... How about we do an ask-kian-and-lyss?" thank god, now I don't have to ask.

"Great idea ..... and then a challenge for the other video. Maybe a dare challenge. Only dares. So if you get the question wrong I get to dish out a dare and vice versa." this could be great. I'm hopeful.

"Yeah, and we'll ask our Twitter fans for questions we should ask and dares we should do. This is gonna be so much fun!" you bet it is. Time to text Connor, finger crossed he likes this.

"Glad to see your as excited as I am." I smile at him, he, thankfully, returns it warmly.

%

"You took a while, and I'm gathering from the text that everything went well?" Connor asks me as I walk through his front door. He seems happy to see me, especially after that text.

"Yes.... What did you get up to?"

"I did a bit of filming and I'm just about to start editing. Wanna help?" we are now walking through his house, towards his computer.

"Sure, what sort of video?"

"Just a vlog , hopefully its alright. You can be the judge of that." yeah, right.

He grabs me a chair and we sit at his computer to start editing his video. We get five minutes into it when he asks, "So tell me, what are you and Kian doing?"

"A collab." I'm putting my walls up, and I shouldn't be because Connor is such a great friend and I know that whenever he asks me a question he truly does want to know the answer, an honest answer. But I am still shutting him out, well trying to anyway.

"Yeah...?" he's curious and it's killing me, but my walls are just about up.

I sigh, taking the walls down, "An 'ask-kian-and-lyss' and a challenge, dares only."

"Ooh, I can't wait to see these. Will I be allowed to be present in the filming process?"

Yes. "Not sure, I'll have to think about it." I try to keep my voice casual and joking, it's hard.

"Oh, come on. Please?" those puppy-dog eyes, I fall for them every time.

"Okay."