4. Just Dance

Just Dance💃

Sun shone over my face as I layed among the flowers with my arms spread wide while I watched the birds chirp and dance above me. I smiled as the chilly breeze fanned over my face listening to the melodious chirps of birds with my eyes closed. For the first time in a while, I actually felt more like a person than a breathing figure that you can control with a few gestures of your finger. I felt free and happy.

I glanced at Taehyung with one eye open to find him lazily sprawled on the ground with his eyes closed as his hair fluttered due to the breeze. I smiled to myself admiring his features for a while. Who would have guessed that The Chief's daughter would be out here in the garden laying on the ground with a Shepherd? Shepherd, I have always been told that Shepherds were the children of Satan himself, born only to bring misfortune to the world. I frowned as I fanthomed the amount of toxicity that had been forced into me at such a young age. Despite being the elder daughter of the village's highest rank holder, I was always deprived of a major basic right, The Right to Belive. I was deprived of believing in something that was not approved by my father.

"What your father says is always right so don't you ever doubt your father's intentions" I still remember my mother's words. Yet here I was, doubting if what they say about Shepherds was really true. My lips curved downwards as I remember Taehyung's question at the grand gathering, "You seem to enjoy dancing a lot. Then why don't you come join us?" . Truthfully, I wanted to accept his offer of dancing, but I was struck by a sudden flashback.

Little Y/N was dancing in her room like a free spirit. The ten years old's legs smoothly moving to the rhythm while she performed several movements with her hands. Her body following suit. Her arms and legs flowed as if they were on a musical spell. Doing spins and flips, she was so immersed into the music that she didn't realize the another figure walking into the room. Not until she was harshly pulled by the hair and thrown on the floor. She screamed in pain as her body hit the cold marble floor. Her head and knee throbbed in pain yet her father seemed to have no mercy on her as he grabbed a whip and thrashed her with it till her entire body was covered in bruises and wounds.

She screamed in pain barely covering her body with her fragile arms but the only thing ringing in her ears was her fathers booming voice saying "If you're gonna behave like one of those filthy shepherds might as well go join them". His voice repeatedly saying "If you want to live under a roof then start behaving like you're a Chief's daughter not the opposite" . She was locked in her room for 3 days with no food or water. To make it worse, she was prevented from dancing ever again because apparently 'it was a shepherd-like thing to do'.

I blinked away the tears gathered in the brim of eyes. There was still a long visible bruise on my abdomen that my father says will make me remember my mistakes forever and I'd never do it ever again. My fists curled up as a memory as I took a long deep breath to calm myself down. Instead, I focused back on Taehyung who was still in the same position. Pushing away all my bad thoughts and memories I smiled to myself.

"Hey Taehyung" I called out as he simply hummed at me. "Wanna dance?".He opened he eyes wide before smiling at me before standing up and walking towards me before offering me his hand to help me stand up "It's my pleasure Miss" Taehyung said "But there might be a problem".I furrowed my eyes at him in confusion "And that is?" I asked. "We have no music"

"Umm we can make one?" my statement came out more as question but Taehyung seemed to approve of me. He was surprisingly good at making tunes so here we were, moving in circles followed by series of claps and taps as we did the typical dance which was very popular in our village. It was something close to the The Ould Irish Jig except for there were a lot of hand movements too. I realized that right now I didn't care about what people would say if they see The Chief's daughter dancing with a shepherd or about my father telling me to stay away from the shepherds. I knew the time I had with Taehyung and with myself was very limited before I was back to being my father's puppet again. If was gonna live right now, I was gonna live right.

The rest of the day was spent dancing and running around the garden that echoed with our laughter. We didn't even realize when the time had passed and we were now passing through the same forest. I watched in fascination as the moonlight and fireflies provided subtle but a beautiful shine to the forest. It wasn't very dark so we wre still able to see through the forest. "Hey Taehyung?" I called out making Taehyung hum who was sat behind me on the horse. "You were right" I said "This weath, luxuries and reputation may bring me short-lived happiness and contentment but it cannot bring me the wonderful time we spent today". Although I wasn't looking back, I could tell Taehyung was smiling proudly at my confession.

"It was my pleasure Miss-"

"Y/N" I cut him off

"Well I'm very glad you enjoyed Y/N"