16. Run Away

Run away🏃‍♂️

"What are you doing here?" his red and puffy eyes were wide with shock as he turned to look at me. His eyes flashed of several emotions at once, sorrow,pain happiness, relief, fear, love and guilt. But I couldn't see the one the emotion I was expecting the most hatred. "I-I- J-jungkook-" I stuttered being unable to speak as a lump formed in my thoroat. "I thought I said I didn't want to get involved with you anymore" he said in a cold and distant "Your father has made my life chaotic enough". My eyes burned with tears as beads of sweats gathered on my palms and forehead. "I'm sorry..." I whispered looking down as a single tear rolled down my eyes.

"I'm sorry for what my father did to you and your parents. You shouldn't have gone through so much pain and trouble as a young child for something you hadn't done and wasn't even wrong in the first place" the tears that I tried my best to hold on were now freely flowing down my eyes "I guess I did make your life even more chaotic. I brought back the most painful memory of yours. Maybe if I hadn't gotten you involved in my life at all, you wouldn't have been hurt this way. You wouldn't have been forced out of your shelter again". I wiped my tears forming a small smile on my face as I looked up at him.

"Jungkook told me that you weren't doing very well these days and that you felt guilty about what happened to me the other. So I just wanted to tell you not to blame yourself for my fate. I was foolish for seeking happiness and trying to flee from all the chains that had bounded me in the first place. I forgot that the harder you move trying to escape, the more the chains will sink into your skin leaving a painful mark. It was fault for getting us involved in all of this. I should have rejected your offer on the very first day but I couldn't. Just like I couldn't resist but come here so that I could see you one last time before I get married to someone that I will never be able to love"

"You probably hate me now but I can't, even though you've hurt me so much, I can't blame you and hate you for it because....I love you"

"Shit" he whispered under his breathe before wiping away the tears that were falling down his eyes and strolling towards me with long hasty steps. He took my face in his hands and immediately connected his lips with mine take me by surprise. I held onto his arms for support as I fluttered my eyes close leaning into the kiss. He kissed me with indescribable passion, love and hurt despite the saltiness of our tears that had coated both of our lips. He gently caressed my cheeks tilting his head to the side to deepen the kiss. When our lips parted he rested his forehead against my breathing heavily in my face due to the intensity of the kiss. "How can I hate someone that I love more than my life?"

"I tried, I tried so hard to do that. I gave myself all the right and wrong reasons to dislike you. But I couldn't. I couldn't feel an ounce of hatred towards you. I just love you so much..." he pulled me into you his embrace "I don't regret the day I met you and offering to travel all these beautiful places with you. I never will. It was the happiest day of my life. You made me forget about every pain, every trouble and every sorrow that drowned me in a sea of self-pity. You showed me beauty, happiness,life and love. I can never let you blame yourself for anything that happens to me. I won't let you live your life like a prisoner. You deserve the best"

"After my parents died, I was determined to take everything away from the man who took everything away from me. I promised to make his life just as chaotic as mine. I lived most of my life despising and resenting him. I know it was extremely stupid of me but the moment I found out you were his daughter, my whole body went numb. I felt like I was pressed down by a huge rock that would end up killing me. I'm sorry I couldn't do anything, I stood there like a pathetic person that couldn't even protect the one he loved. I only realized what I had done after he dragged you away. But it was too late. I tried to reason why it was better for you stay away from me. After all, I'm just a shepherd. I can only bring about trouble and misfortunes to you. I can barely even manage give you a proper shelter"

I pulled back gently stroking his cheek as I said "I don't care if you're a king or a shepherd. I don't care about all the people that will look down on me, about my father or about not having a proper shelter. I love you so I shall go through every happiness and sorrow that strikes you. I don't need wealth or prestige, having you is enough for me"

"Are you sure you want to stay by my side for the rest of your life?" I nodded at him without any hesitation. "Then can you do something for me?"

"What?" I asked knitting my eyebrows together.

"Run away with me"