5. Paradise

Paradise🦄

"Good morning" I greeted my siblings before taking a seat in the well furnished chair for breakfast. "Why are you dressed up sister? Are you going somewhere?" my sister, Ella asked making me look down at my white dress that fell just below my knees. I hope I didn't look like I put a lot of effort on dressing up. 'Meet me near the woods tommorrow' was what Taehyung said before disappearing into the darkness yesterday. I was supposed to meet him after breakfast so I came prepared beforehand.

Before I could answer Ella, I heard loud stomps heading towards the dining area. We all stood up and bowed at our father who sat down at the head of the table before nodding at us. I placed the cloth over my dress before starting to munch on my breakfast. "Father you look concerned" Emel stated looking at my father with furrowed eyebrows making Ella and I look at him. "Yeah I heard a bunch of shepherds have entered the village and are dwelling by the woods" he said as I immediately thought of Taehyung. "Well what do you plan on doing father?" Emel asked making him sigh. "Unfortunately we are not sure of which part of the woods they have been dwelling on. But I plan to eradicate them as soon as possible. I can't afford to have more of those unfortunate beings in the village" I clenched the fork between my fingers yet my mouth remained shut.

"Also be careful not be seen with any of those shepherds. Although I trust you all enough to stay away from those savages, I don't want any kind of chaos in the family" instead of looking at him, I looked down at my plate and continued eating. My eyes landed on the wall clock hanging on the wall across. I let out a muffled gasp as I realized that I was late. I immediately stood up making father look at me with raised eyebrows. Table manners were an important part of our daily learning and he was very strict regarding them so I politely bowed at him before saying "I apologise father but I have to assist aunt Katherine in gardening as per her request" which was obviously an excuse. However, father seemed to believe me as he merely dismissed.

I ran as fast as my feet could after covering my face with a white cloth with floral designs on it. My chest heaved up and down slowly as I stopped after spotting the familiar curly-haired figure standing beside the same brown horse. He showed of his boxy smile making my cheeks heat as he said "I almost thought you wouldn't come". I chuckled and walked towards him."Well here I am" I said after I was standing right in front of him. "Yes you are" he replied in a breathy and husky voice staring right into my eyes making blush creep up my cheeks. I bit my lips under the cloth and looked away gently stroking the horse's neck as he leaned in at my touch. "I think he likes me" I said in an enthusiastic voice making Taehyung giggle. "Well he does have eyes for lovely people" he said giving me a soft smile. I returned his smile although he couldn't see it. "So where are we going today?"

"The mountains"
----------------
"Ugh I almost regret agreeing to you" I groaned tiredly stomping my feet on the rocky path as I grabbed anything near me to balance myself. Taehyung who had been laughing at me ever since I stepped my foot on this path looked at me with amused eyes as he said "Come on it's not that bad". I rolled my eyes at him "Easy for you to say". Taehyung's soft giggles filled the air making a small smile creep up my face. "First time walking for so long eh?" he playfully asked making me glare at him.

When we reached at the foot of the mountain, Taehyung said that we'd have to walk ahead because the path was too difficult for the horse, whose name I learnt was Missop to travel on. Of course I protested initially saying he should have warnedme beforehand but I gave up because I knew we had no other choice so here we were, climbing up the mountain through the extremely narrow rocky path. I was surprised at how easily Taehyung was climbing up while I felt like my feet would give away any second.

I stumbled because of how tired my feet were and almost fell back letting out a loud yelp. I closed my eyes excepting to feel the hard ground on my back. Instead I felt an arm wrap around my waist that helped me stand up. Taehyung and I maintained the stare for a while before both of us pulled back."Ugh I can't walk anymore" I protested once again halting on my tracks. Taehyung released a loud sigh before holding his hand in front of me making me give him a look of confusion. "Hold my hand. It'll be easier" although Taehyung was looking away, I could see the pink tint on his cheeks making me coo inwardly. I placed my hand over his as he squeezed then together making me blush feverishly. The rest of the walk was followed by silence as Taehyung led the path looking back time and again to make sure I wasn't uncomfortable of his touch.

When we reached the top of the mountain, Taehyung pulled me in front of him so I could get a better look of the view. I gasped as I took in the exquisite scenery of Daegu in front of me. The village was lined with multiple huts that were almost identical to one another. The forest contributed in keep keeping the green beauty which perfectly contrasted with the beautiful blue above. Far away was located a waterfall that I didn't even know existed. It's divine beauty crafted a magnificent shelter for all the animals dwelling in or near it. I could see the seashore that was lined with the crystal blue colour of the ocean water. I could contemplate only one word in my mind. Paradise