17. Sea

Sea🌊

"Y/N? Where were you? Are you okay?" I was greeted by Sarah's voice immediately after I stepped into my house. I nodded at her forcing a tight smile on my face before walking towards the living room where I found a few people gathered around Suho, Mr. Park and father. "Y/N? Thank god you're here. I was about to send men to look for you" probably because I'm like your golden lottery ticket "Suho informed me that he was hit by some rebels so he fell unconscious. They didn't hurt you, did they?". Shit I didn't think this through. "Well I was chased by a few masked people that I suppose were trying to abduct me but I was lucky enough to hide before I fell unconscious because of the hit. I came here as soon as I woke up"

Since I wasn't a very good liar, I nervously fiddled with my fingers hoping that he would buy it. He nodded at me before sending his men away "You must be exhausted. Go rest in your room" I politely bowed at the guests and my father before heading towards my room without any words shared between us. "Are you sure you're not hurt anywhere?" Sarah said with a deep frown etched on his face almost making me feel bad. "Actually my head hurts a little" I rubbed my head faking a pained expression "I think I should rest for a while. Please make sure nobody disturbs me tonight". She nodded at me in understanding before leaving.

I leaned against the door letting out a loud sigh of relief. Damn I really have to improve my acting skills. Without wasting anytime, I started packing a few of my important belongings along with picture I took with Lina and our mothers when I was much younger. "I'm sorry mother" I whispered looking at the picture "I know this is a very disrespectful and immoral decision but I'm not as strong as you. I'm not sure if I'll be able to let go of the man I love for a biased society and inhumane rules. I can't adapt to a life so sorrowful". I felt a tear roll down my eyes as I was too lost into my thoughts. However, a loud whistle from outside brought me back to reality making me hastily pack everything I needed.

I rushed towards the window and looked down to find Taehyung standing below with a huge smile on his face. I threw the bag at him before stepping out of the window. This is it. I'm out of this living hell now. This is my decision. I carefully climbed down with the help of the grapevines, jumping into his arms before my feet landed on the ground. He wrapped his arms around me in a warm embrace spinning me around in circles before pressing a warm kiss on my lips. "Are you ready to officially live the life of a shepherd?" Taehyung asked still carrying me in his arms as I wrapped mine around his around his neck. "I'm more than ready" I said placing a last peck on his lips before stepping down on the ground.

"Where are the others?" I asked after he helped me get on the horse. "They have already left to find a place for us to stay" he replied sitting behind me as he grabbed the strap to guide the horse. "Where are we going by the way?" I asked turning back "To Gwangju". With that said he pulled on to the strap and Missop (the horse) immediately started running towards the forest. I couldn't help but smile and feel a little nostalgic as I remembered that this may be the last time I'm passing through this forest. But on the bright side, I didn't have to fear about going back to my house before dawn. A butterfly landed on my palm as I raised it up, holding it in place for a while just like Taehyung taught me on the first day we came here. Time really flew by fast.

Taehyung led us to a deeper part of the forest that I had trouble recognizing but my eyes immediately widened in glee as I heard the timid waves of the sea crashing against each other. The sea looked as beautiful and calm as I remembered. I realized that this part of the beach was different from the one we were in last time. This part of the beach was lined by rows of coconut trees and the sea seemed to be coloured in a deeper shade of ocean blue as the forest sang in serenity. Taehyung stopped the horse and hopped down on the ground as I followed him suit. "The journey is gonna be long. I think it'll be better if we rest for a while" I immediately leaped towards the sea laying supine on the sandy beach as the moon provided minimal light for us in the dark.

I spreaded my arms and legs on the sand flailing them rapidly to form sand angel, smiling to myself as I did so. Taehyung chuckled at my actions before laying down beside me, careful not to ruin my sand angel. Chilly breeze blew past us sending shivers down my spine as I looked up at the moon in amusement. "I always wanted to do this" I said. Taehyung turned to lay on his side with his head resting on the palm of his hand as he propped himself up on his eldow "Do what?"

"Lay down on the beach in peace admiring the sea and looking up at the sky. It's really beautiful. It makes me happy"

"We can do this everyday if you want to" he said before rolling to hover on top of me, hands softly caressing my waist and cheeks. "We'll build a small house by the beach for just the two of us where we can go old together. You can lay down on the sand all day and we can swim together in the water till we get exhausted. Then at night we'll go into the house and drink warm tea together, looking at the sea from our window" he said smiling down at me in adoration as I caressed his cheeks with my hand. "You really want to do that with me?" Taehyung leaned down pressing a gentle kiss on my lips as he replied "I want to do everything possible with you"

"I'm afraid I'll have to stop that from happening" a familiar sour voice said from behind us as I turned back in fear. "Father..." I whispered as he looked at me with furious eyes. "Greetings dear daughter" he trod towards me like a predator reaching for his prey "Capture them"