Not So Dark After All

Dark Knight AU!!!

Heh

Edit: Hey guys I just realized my phone has been autocorrecting 'dodged' to 'dogged'. hOw dOeS tHiS eVeN hApPeN?!?! I'm to lazy to go back and change it tho so if you find that try to ignore it or tell me ( ;∀;)

 hOw dOeS tHiS eVeN hApPeN?!?! I'm to lazy to go back and change it tho so if you find that try to ignore it or tell me ( ;∀;)

For as long as her parents had ruled, they worked hard to keep their kingdom orderly and fair. Rapunzel couldn't have been raised under a better influence for a future queen. She'd learned everything by watching her parents... well, almost everything. War was not something the new queen was familiar with. Of course, a war had been inevitable since the beginning. The Dark Kingdom was always fighting with someone, and Corona couldn't avoid that forever. No one in Corona knew much about the Dark Kingdom. Some stories said they were ruthless tyrants, others called them bloodthirsty barbarians. It wasn't easy to get Rapunzel to believe that anyone was pure evil, but as the queen received word of defeat after defeat, she was really close to losing hope. How could anyone with even a smidge of good left in them be so horrible?

The queen gazed out the large window in the throne room, watching the raindrops trickle down the glass pane. Sweltering gray clouds glared back at her as she sat, tense in the empty room.

The sound of footsteps brought the queen back to reality, and the large doors were swung open. A young girl staggered through the door, out of breath and soaking wet from the storm. Rapunzel wanted nothing more than to wrap the girl in warm blankets and give her hot cocoa, but more important matters were at hand.

"Please tell me you have good news." The blonde queen sat forward on her throne, crossing her fingers as the young dame kneeled before her.

"My queen. I'm sorry to say I have no good news. The Dark Kingdom has captured another battalion, again, led by their fierce Captain. They just can't beat him." The dame glanced up nervously as the queen grimaced. "Of course. Varian."

The dame nodded. "Right. Queen Rapunzel, we need more warriors, or train the ones we have to be better."

Rapunzel listened intently. She never dreamed in all her years of ruling would she ever have to deal with war. War was violent and she was peaceful, but the Dark Kingdom had shown no mercy. Their arrogant ruler wanted all riches and all the land, including Corona. They did need more warriors.

The brave dame in front of her was only a messenger, but she was training to fight. The young girl was the best in her class, but her father, a Coronian knight, wouldn't have his daughter fighting.

Desperate times called for desperate measures, or in this case, the best fighters.

"Y/n." The dame stood at the sound of her name. The queen continued, sure that this was the right thing to do. "How long have you been in training?"

"All my life, Queen Rapunzel, so has Cassandra."

Of course! Rapunzel's best friend had been training for forever and would make one fierce guard. But just like Y/n, her father hadn't let her fight either. If those two girls could join her guards, they might have a chance to snag a victory. Yes, it was only two people more, but it seemed all they had to do was defeat the infamous Varian, then it should all be downhill from there. Cass and Y/n should be able to do that easily.