Sprirt (Part IV)

This is the last Spirit! I thought I'd be relieved to be finished with this multiple part oneshot, but instead I'm just sad. Spirit is probably my most liked, most voted for oneshot so far and it'll be sad not to work on it again. A small apology for taking so long to complete part 4, but I couldn't get past the beginning for so long cuz I had writers block. Well I'll stop talking now, here you go:

 Well I'll stop talking now, here you go:

5 is usually considered a small number. If someone has 5 pieces of candy, or maybe 5 books, it wouldn't be an accomplishment.
But sometimes, 5 can become infinite.
It had been 5 years since Varian last saw her on the beach, smiling toward the ocean... since Silver Blade took her away.

There's a funny thing about love, especially when it comes to spirits. Usually, they stay a certain way their whole lives. Varian had always looked 16 ish. But now he was bound by his love for a mortal girl to change. Raps wasn't sure if he noticed himself, but she definitely saw the difference. He looked a bit older... like in his early twenties.

The water spirit stared out into the sea, a glazed look on his face. Rapunzel frowned, setting her food on the makeshift table. "Are you okay?"

Varian hummed in response, his gaze never wandering from the horizon. It was like he was waiting to see the ship appear again. Signing, Rapunzel sat next to her friend. "Look, Varian. I know you miss her. I do too." The two girls had quickly become close, spending the carefree days exploring or relaxing. She would give anything to have Y/n back.

"She said she would come." Varian's voice was quiet, barely a whisper. "She promised. Don't you think it's been too long?"

It had been long, but she was at home with her father. Of course she'd be gone a while. Who knew how far her world was from theirs anyway.
Varian turned, grabbing the earth spirit's shoulders, suddenly panicked. "Do you think something happened to her?!"

Rapunzel said nothing, she didn't know what had become of their friend. Well, Y/n was clearly more than a friend to Varian. The earth spirit's silence didn't help. He started pacing once again.

"Rapunzel, I.. I have to do something! I can't just stand by and let them have her!" 

The blonde girl watched her friend with worry. He was definitely going insane. "Varian, listen." She grabbed his hand. "I want to bring her back as much as you do, but we can't! I can't leave this island, and Silver Blade wants you dead! We have to trust that she'll make it on her own."

"5 years, Rapunzel! She's in danger, I can feel it! She needs us, and I'm going to get her." The water spirit's eyes were set in determination as he turned toward the ocean. "I'll bring her back, no matter the cost."

"At least stay here a day longer!" Rapunzel pleaded. "You're not exactly immortal anywhere but here."

"You're right." Varian replies quietly. He walked toward the ocean, his eyes never wavering from the horizon. Rapunzel followed him.