Failures of Plans A, B, and C (Part II)

Okay so now you'll see the plans and stuff. Read till the end for a (pretty hilarious if I do say so myself) surprise!

 Read till the end for a (pretty hilarious if I do say so myself) surprise!

A sudden realization jolted her out of her thoughts. She locked eyes with Varian, her face heating up slightly. "We've been shipped."

Varian laughed nervously. "Yeah. I saw this morning."

Y/n rubbed her hands together, not quite sure how to react. "Well I guess I should thank you then."

Varian cocked his head to the side like a confused puppy. Y/n continued. "For saving my life."

"Oh yeah. I went back in for you when the building began to fall. When I realized it was you, that made getting you out a lot more important." He grinned sheepishly. Y/n smiled back softly. He went back into that building to save Electron? She didn't know if she would've done the same. "You really are a hero."

His pink cheeks darkened. "Thanks."

"Okay, I'm freezing. Wanna come to my house?"

He shrugged. "Why not?"

She'd go home. She'd process this. Everything would be fine.

Everything was not fine.

The minute they got inside, Y/n ran toward the heater and flicked it on, smiling as the air warmed her freezing hands. Varian followed close behind, pulling off his black, superhero cloak. Y/n had never understood the reason for such a sketchy costume, but who was she to judge? At least it looked cool.

She fell back onto the couch, flicking on the TV. Of course, the news was still fawning over Electron and the Alchemist. Varian buried his face and his hands. In a muffled, quiet voice he asked. "So. Should we give the people what they want?"

Y/n's face heated up significantly. "What would that be?"

He uncovered his face. "We can be like partners in crime... or heroism. A dynamic duo. Batman and Robin, Snoopy and Woodstock, Bonnie and Clyde."

Y/n raised a brow.

"Okay maybe not the last one, but you get what I mean!"

"Alright then." Y/n shrugged, holding out her hand. "Since I can't hate you anymore, we'll be partners."

Varian shook it, a happy smile dawning on his face. "Man, I'm glad you don't hate me. It would suck to be on the wrong side of your lightning shooting hands."

Y/n smirked, wiggling her fingers in front of him, he shielded himself with a pillow.

Her parents chose that exact moment to show up.

The moment the door clicked shut, Y/n turned off the TV, her heart racing. How were her parents home already?! She quickly took the rest of the pillows and buried Varian.