The Next 10 Years

RoAd tRiP!!! How do I survive with four small children and a dog?
The reader and Varian are idk years old. 18ish for those who are holy, 16 for my dumpster divers here. Also I don't know what I'm doing, send help

Cleaning was not Y/n favorite way to spend the day

Needless to say, cleaning out a storage closet in the castle was pretty cool. It was especially great when friends came to help. Y/n would do pretty much anything to have some quality time with her buddies. The group had set out to clear some space, but hadn't gotten far before becoming hopelessly distracted. Eugene gazed lovingly at Rapunzel as she played make believe with Lance. An oversized crown hung over Lance's eyes as Rapunzel swung a wooden sword in his direction. Pascal had on a tiny bow tie. Cassandra was more interested in the real weapons. She dug through a crate of knives and maces, occasionally throwing them at the walls, various targets, and people. Varian was fangirling over a large book on Demanitus and his inventions. Ruddiger was eating an apple... as per usual.

Y/n smiled softly as she made her way over to Varian. Out of all her friends, he was the closest to her. They were the inseparable duo.
"Hey, nerd." Y/n giggled slightly at the awed looks on Varian's face as he flipped through the pages. "Hey N/n."

She rested her arms on the top of his head. He barely seemed to notice. "Var, lets go do something. Raps and Lance are in the middle of a war. We should join."

"But every invention in this book is spellbinding!" He whined, attempting to shake Y/n off of him.  She wasn't about to let her best friend miss out on such a perfect moment. She tugged at his arm. "Please, Varian!" She begged. "I don't wanna miss out!"

Varian sighed, shutting the book. "Alright. We better win this war."
Y/n cheered, grabbing his arm to drag him into the fight. First, he needed a makeover.

"Eugene! We need to make Varian a prince!" Y/n called to the former thief, knowing he would never miss out on a chance for a fashion show. He saluted and ran around the room, collecting random items. When he was finished, he grabbed Varian and dressed him up.
Eugene stepped back, admiring his work. "Ah. Another masterpiece."

"Great job!" Y/n adjusted the crown on his head. "You look nice Prince Varian!"
"Well so do you, milady." He grinned, examining his new outfit.
Eugene and Lance shared a sniggering glance. Y/n ignored this. Quite often, people thought she and Varian would make a cute couple. She loved Varian, but that love was platonic, right? She couldn't be with her best friend.

She then dressed herself as a dame. Cassandra happily found her a nice sword. Y/n was ready for war!

"Halt!" She hollered at Lance, pointing the very real sword at his face. Lance screamed in falsetto, his crown falling off. "No! Don't touch caviar Lance!"

Eugene snorted from the  back of the room, watching the scene, extremely amused. He should've brought popcorn.

After awhile of childish play, they unwillingly returned to sorting the items.