Chapter 4

Jimin and I stared at the door as the pounding continued, but my thoughts were consumed by guessing just how many we have to deal with. The most I have ever killed by myself ranged around ten or so, but heats can come in waves of thirty to God knows what. And the moans just draw more attention to the other Night crawlers, making our situation even harder.

Jimin turned his head to face me and I did the same. We simultaneously smiled and I reached to unlock the door, my knife in hand.

As soon as the door was opened, I slashed my knife into the temple of the first crawler, it making a thump as it dropped to the ground. I jumped over the rails that barricaded the sides of the porch steps and ran to the nearest crawler I could find.

I jabbed my knife into the back of its head and spun around to kick the abdomen of the one coming up behind me, making it grab the wounded area in pain. Immediately after, I swung my knife to its neck, its body hitting the ground soon after the head I just decapitated.

"Holy crap, how many are there?" I mumbled to Jimin as he backed up to me, fighting off one as he did so.

"About 12 left if I can count correctly still. It's been a while since school so my intelligence for that kinda stuff is lacking."

I groaned and tried my best not to roll my eyes. This man was utterly hopeless if he couldn't even count to ten.

"Well that's just great isn't it? How the heck did you survive this long if a kindergartner is smarter than you?"

"Less talking, more killing." he grunted as he slashed a crawler right in the face, rolling to the side to avoid the touch of one coming from behind him immediately after.

I huffed and kicked the one closest to me directly in its face, knocking the head off its bloody body. I had time to glance around and see that we only had three left to kill, but my heart dropped to my stomach when I realized where they were and what they were doing.

Jimin was pinned to the ground, his sleeves being ripped off his body and now exposing his arms. Two of them were tearing at his legs while the other went straight for the face.

Everything from that point on felt like it was in slow motion as I ran to him, tackling the one scratching at his face away from him and onto the ground to his left. My face was splattered with the mixture of our blood as I slashed mercilessly at the crawler, adding even more blood onto my clothes. But I didn't care.

Soon, it fell limp under me and I was yanked off of it rather aggressively. I jerked my elbow back to lose the grip that was on my arms and was greeted by a loud groan.

"For freaks sake, Y/n...you got me right in the ribs."

I spin around and held my knife three inches away from Jimin's now extremely bloody face. He looked at the point of the reddish knife, becoming slightly cross eyed before moving his gaze to me.

His eyes widen and he quickly looked away. "Hot..." he mumbled under his breath as if I was deaf and it wasn't now completely silent outside besides our panting.

I rolled my eyes to hide my embarrassment and tucked my knife back away, walking closer to inspect his injuries. His clothes were ripped and his arms had scratches all over them.

I took a sharp breath in and immediately backed away from him, drawing out my knife again.

He was touched by them!

"Woah woah, Y/n! Why are you getting all murderous all of a sudden?" He glanced at his surroundings, anticipating more Night crawlers attacking us but saw none, causing him to look back at me confused.