Chapter 22

Jimin's POV:

After Y/n shut the door after her and left me absolutely confused, I sighed and sat on the bed.

What did I do wrong? I was just trying to help her..

"I guess telling her that's she's intimidating wasn't the right thing to do." I muttered to myself, tapping my foot on the ground.

The door suddenly opened, causing me to look up. It was Jennie, looking quite nervous.

"Hey, uh, Jimin?" She said with a small voice.

"Hm? What's up?" I replied, raising a brow.

"Can I come in? I have something to say that you need to know."

I nodded my head, allowing her to enter. She walked in and closed the door quietly behind her, walking over to stand in front of me.

"So what's it that you have to tell me?" I asked, looking up at her confused.

She figited with her fingers a bit and looked around, hesitating to speak up. After a few moments of doing nothing but avoiding me, she finally met my gaze with determination.

"You don't understand what Y/n is going through, as much as you hate to admit it." She declared, catching me off guard.

"What? Of course I understand! We're going through the same thing." I remarked, crossing my arms.

She shook her head.

"No you're not. Y/n is the leader, not you, so she has way more responsibilities than the rest of us. You may not see it, but she pressures herself to protect you guys, making sure that nothing can hurt you. I haven't been around for more than a few hours, but..." she straightened out her posture. "I've seen it in her eyes and I've seen it in her actions."

I stared at her, shocked at what just came out of her mouth.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, still sorta confused.

She sighed.

"When the Night crawlers, or whatever you call them, appeared, she immediately stood ahead of us and was ready to fight. She's injured, I've seen the wounds for myself, but she doesn't let that get in her way as long as she protects you and Jungkook." She smiled, a light in her eyes that seemed like pure respect.

I blinked, now starting to understand what Jennie was saying.

"So what you're saying is, Y/n puts us before her without hesitation?" I questioned, standing up and looking down at her.

She nodded.

"But the thing is, she doesn't realize that she's doing it. It's like second nature to her." She looked up at me and clenched her fists. "She does it out of pure instinct."

I nodded my head, a small smile spreading on my face.

Y/n is a heck of a lot stronger than I realized.

"But," Jennie continued, smile dropping. "She's doubting herself and she feels like she's trapped between two walls covered in spikes with no way out, I just know it. Is there something she has been through recently? Like something that could potentially permanently damage her?"

I gulped and looked away, saddened at the memories.

"Yeah, she has. I don't know if she wants me to tell you this, but she lost her brother recently."

Jennie frowned, sympathy lacing her eyes.

"Oh, I see. May I ask what happened?"

I bit my lip, contemplating whether I should tell her or not.

"She will tell you that when she's ready, if she's ever ready. There is a lot more of a back story behind this than you realize, so it's going to be complicated to understand if I explain it." I stated, causing her to nod. "Just give her time."

She smiled at me knowingly, causing me to raise a brow.

"Same goes for you, Jimin. She needs time to heal, and you're not her, so you could never fully understand what's going through her mind. You both may have witnessed something traumatizing together, but she's going have a different intake on it, whether it's better or worse than yours."

I grinned, surprised at her knowledge for this kind of stuff.

"You're one wise guy, Jennie. I have a feeling you're going to fit into our group just fine."

Her eyes widen in shock before a huge grin grew, face glowing with pride.

"You really think so?" She asked expectantly.

I gave her a single pat on her shoulder encouragingly, my grin not leaving it's current position.

"I know so. Now go get some sleep, we have work to do tomorrow."

She nodded her head quickly before running out of the room, bidding me goodnight. I waved after her, chuckling softly.

She was going to be a great asset to this team with her wise words, most likely being the problem solver.

Y/n is strong, smart, and knows what she's doing, not to mention a complete badass. Jungkook is determined and loyal, Jennie is wise, and I can fight with brute force.

I sighed and lied down in the bed, staring up at the ceiling as my mind wondered back to my lovely leader. Y/n was going through something alone, and I want to help her get through it. That being said, I have to actually know what's going on in order to do that.

I rolled over onto my side and scrunched my eyebrows, deep in thought.

Maybe I don't have to know exactly what's on her mind. I could just support her on the sidelines, encouraging her with all I got.

I closed my eyes with a smile, finally figuring out how to help my Angel.

Kim Y/n, you may feel trapped between spiked walls, but I'm going to be the one to help you climb up those spikes and straight to freedom.