Chapter 17

"What?" I questioned, not quite hearing him due to the lingering adrenaline of Jimin and I's blossoming romance.

"I said that there's about five people who are looking for you and Jimin." He replied, glancing back behind him with panic.

Jimin and I share knowing looks before I quickly grabbed Jungkook's hand and drag him towards the nearest house, Jimin following close behind.

We quickly scramble into the house and lock the doors behind us, frantically searching for a hiding spot. Jungkook let us do our thing while silently watching, fear in his doe eyes.

"What's-"

"Jungkook, hush." I demanded through clenched teeth, making him shut up immediately.

"Angel, up here!" Jimin waved his hand from the top of the steps.

I beckon for Jungkook to follow me as I limp up the steps, causing worry to flash in Jimin's eyes. I give him a look to tell him I'm fine and he raises an eyebrow in response, but doesn't argue.

After both of us reach the top, Jimin pulls us into a room that is hidden on the ground. It's pitch black after he closes the door above us, making Jungkook immediately cling to my arm.

Even though it was dark, he felt my curious gaze on him and answered my unspoken question with a quiet whisper.

"I'm afraid of the dark."

I pat his head in response and let him hug my arm, figuring as long as it was out of fear and nothing else, it wouldn't hurt.

"It seriously stinks in here..." I mutter under my breath.

Jimin found his way to me and grabbed my hand, squeezing it slightly. I squeezed back soon before there was a loud bang at the door downstairs.

My heart began to race as the noises grew louder, making me scold myself internally.

Jungkook whimpered quietly and I took my hand out of Jimin's to rub Jungkook's head in attempt to comfort him.

He calmed down a bit, but began to shake slightly.

"Jungkook, you need to calm down before they find us." I whispered as quietly as I could.

I felt him nod against my shoulder and I reached back for Jimin's hand. He took it without hesitation and quickly brought it up to his lips, kissing the back of it a few times before bringing them back down to our sides.

There were loud footsteps above us, making us flinch a bit. Since our eyes had adjusted to the dark, I saw Jimin bring a single finger up to his lips to remind us to be quiet.

The three of us remained silent for what felt like hours before the motion above us began to disappear, but we still didn't make a move. There could still be people in the house and trying to lure us out by remaining quiet, so I was thankful we all had some sense to stay where we are.

"I think they're gone." Jimin spoke quietly after a few more minutes, causing Jungkook to flinch.

I held back my laughter at Jungkook's reaction, coming up with a reply to Jimin's claim.

"We can't be too sure, so I think it's best if we stay down here for the night." I suggested.

Jimin shook his head.

"There is not enough space for the three of us, so sending someone up as a scout would be better."

I turned to the shivering Jungkook, ignoring Jimin's idea.

"What do you think Jungkook?"

"Jeon doesn't have a right to provide his opinion." Jimin snapped. "He's not trustworthy. Did you forget that he tried to kill you?"