Chapter 10

Taehyung tore his gaze away from me and surveyed the upstairs area, taking in the smallar details such as the bottoms of the ugly chartreuse curtains that are torn at the corners. He looked genuinely curious about the layout of the house.

Jimin walked over to where I stood and bumped my healthy shoulder gently, causing my eyes to fix on his tear stained face. He may have looked like a mess to others with his tossled hair and red face, but to me, he looked stunning.

The side of his mouth turned up into a soft half smile, his one dimple making an appearance. His eyes were filled with happiness as they sparkled, causing me to grin.

"You look happy." I whispered so that only he could hear me.

"I've never been happier. My best friend just came back from the dead and I'm on an adventure with the prettiest girl I've ever layed eyes on." He grinned back smugly.

"I'm the only girl you've seen in three years so of course you'd say that. But if we met under...different circumstances, you would be gagging at the mention of my name." I rolled my eyes.

He chuckled and nudged my shoulder, causing me to stumble a bit.

"I'm not a liar, Y/n. And what makes you think you're the only girl I've seen in three years?"

My eyes widen and I stared at him, shocked.

"You've seen another living girl?"

He opened his mouth to reply, but instead began to laugh. His messy hair flopped back in place and his face turned pink from laughing too much.

"My God, Y/n. You should've seen your face!" Another fit of giggles erupted from him.

"I do see my face, everyday in fact. Honestly, I see it so much I'm getting kinda sick of it, so why don't you let me get a good look at yours so that my face is washed from my memory and replaced by your pretty one?" I smiled with fake innocence, knowing I'd make him flush.

His laughing immediately stopped and he gulped, face turning another shade of pink. He stared at me nervously, causing Taehyung and I to burst into laughter.

"Jimin, are you getting embarrassed because of my baby sister?" Taehyung grinned at him.

Jimin crossed his arms and turned away from us, a pout on his face. Taehyung turned to me and smiled knowingly. I mimicked Jimin's actions, dramatically crossing my arms and stomping away to the living room with a pout on my face.

Taehyung was cracking up behind me as Jimin grumbled to himself about how he wasn't that dramatic. I threw myself onto the couch and winced at the pain throbbing from my hip. Jimin noticed and hurriedly came over to me, the embarrassment on his face replaced with worry.

"Are you okay?" He asked, reaching for my belt so that he could clean my wounds.

I pushed his hand away and nodded my head, not wanting Tae to get the wrong idea. He sighed at my stubbornness and flopped down next to me, our arms pressed together due to the lack of distance between us.

Taehyung walked into the room and his eyes narrowed when he saw how close Jimin and I were. He looked at me questionably and I shook my head to deny any thoughts he had about Jimin and I. He raised an eyebrow, not completely believing me, but left it alone as he made himself comfortable next to me.

"So Tae, how did you survive...y'know, back then?" I turned my head to face him as Jimin glanced at him, curious as well.

Taehyung sighed and pain filled his eyes at the memory. Our parents betrayed him, and it filled him with disgust. He hated them since that day, but he could never tell them because when he woke up, his parents were dead.