Midnight Memory

"Yes, I think he's ready, Kurogiri."

"Are you sure? He's only ten years old."

"Exactly. Train them while they're young and their potential becomes boundless."

"Y-Yes, sir."

"What's wrong? Are you worried about him going to the sewers? How strange of you to show kindness."

"I apologize, All for one. I will take young Midoriya right away."

"Hahaha, no reason to say sorry."

Midoriya and Kurogiri were walking along the sewer system to a discreet location, holding hands.

"Bartender-san, where are we going?" He was riddled with dirt and blood stains over his ragged shirt and pants. Everyone was mean to him, except Bartender-san. He was the only one who tried to keep him fed and clothed, even if it wasn't the best of either.

"...After this is over, I promise to give you some orange juice, how does that sound?" Ignoring his question.

Midoriya's hollow baggy eyes gained some spirit. "You mean it?"

He nodded. "So you must win, okay?"

"Yeah! Bartender-san you're the best!"

The cheering. The body lying face down, in front of him. The splashed around sewer water running red with both their blood. Hyperventilating. Lost in it all. "Awwhaaaa!"

Izuku shot up. His bare chest was rising up and down with scared breaths. He was sitting up, supported with his arms on the ground. He glanced around the morning-night room. His breathing began to slow down. He felt a weight snuggled next to him. His eyes lingered on Toga. Her hair was down, and his costume was acting as a blanket. Izuku dropped his head, his green bangs shadowed his eyes. "Forget that, already." He whispered, trying to go back to sleep. Those memories only came back because of the voice he heard from the monitor in the bar. He hugged Toga closer but didn't sleep. He couldn't. He only stared over her shoulder, to the window. The bright sun was beginning to rise.

Dangling steps similar to Deku's caught Dabi's ear. He was watching a late night, early morning, a rerun of the news. He turned his head to the door as he entered.

"Stain, you're back," Dabi mumbled, turning his eyes back to the TV. "Another day of ridding the world of fakes."

Stain didn't answer and only stopped in the living room to watch the news. They were talking about a villain who fought All-Might.

"He was so scary! Every time All-Might pummeled him, the guy would just get back up, looking more and more dead! He had flaming wings and burning green eyes, looking like a devil! He even made a murderous cry like a jackal at one point!"

The camera moved from Mineta to Tsuyu. She had her fingertip on her lips, with her tongue sticking out.

"Yeah he was scary, ribbit, but at the same time, he also looked kind of sad..."

"Care to elaborate?"

"Ribbit, I just speak my mind, and that's how I felt at the time."