9

Izuku rubbed his head on the soft pillow. He turned over on it. His eyes glazed slightly open. Blurry version. Blink. He tried to focus with one eye. 'Toga...' Staring up at her, as she slept. Her head was slanted, her body leaning on the wall, her legs tucked to the side, and her lap to comfort him. His eyes zeroed around her face, his eyes finally adjusted to waking and the dark.

She was snoozing with one of her fangs sticking out. He sat up on the ground. It was probably around 3. The city was still awake. The light crept through the broken window. He gave Toga a kiss on the forehead before leaving.

Deku was on the roof. He stretched his body, he took a running pose.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Izuku hesitated. He turned to the roof door. Dabi. He was slouching against the door. He looked like he hasn't slept at all. Deku was starting wonder if he ever did. It always looked like he tried to catch a quick nap, but never succeeded. 'Is Dabi an insomniac?'

"I was gonna go out."

Dabi raised a doubtful eyebrow. "Out heroing?" He raised his palm ignited a small flame and crushed his hand shut, extinguishing the fire.

"Y-Yeah."

"You really think that's a good idea?" He crossed his arms.

"There was this little girl with a horn on her forehead, she was covered in bandages..." Izuku knew that fear in her eyes when she ran into his arms.

"A little girl? You won't find one this late out. Slow down with this hero thing."

"B-But it's only been one day."

"And you acted like a villain."

"...That wasn't me..."

"Deku, you don't always need to save the day. Sometimes you need to recover. So don't cast aside the efforts of others so casually." Dabi turned around, beginning to leave. "All I'm saying is, it's cold, this building is without power, and some people go the night without warmth." He waved off. "I'll look into the situation with the girl. Night." Yawning.

Izuku stood on the roof. The wind blew around, hitting his ears. He faced the skyline. It didn't look as pretty as it did, shining through the broken glass window. He gasped. "Toga."

He began to walk to the roof door. He held the handle and closed the door, walking down the stairs.

He reached the floor Toga was in. He felt the hollow crisp air, circulating. He did feel a pang of guilt. He reached the room where she was napping. She had curled up, hugging herself. He was about to take a step inside, but his boot tapped something. The metal gleamed a bit of light. He bent down. It was her knife. He grabbed the handle and stood back up. "She never leaves one alone?" He walked inside the room. He shut the door, stabbing the knife into a wall so he wouldn't forget to give it to her in the morning, or she would see it.

He laid beside her. He tucked his arm under her head carefully. He scooted her body closer. Her shiver sighed out of her body from comfortable warmth. Her nose nuzzled his chest. "Izuku."

He quietly sounded out, to let her know he was here. Her hands and legs tangled around his body, burying herself against his for warmth. She left her thigh over his waist, to still get that cool breeze on her skin. "Stabby, stab." She snored half asleep, even making the movement with her wrist to his chest.

He agreed, hugging her close and going to sleep with her.

The forest buzzed with nature.

Izuku stared up, the trees blocked out parts of the clear sunny sky. Dabi yawned, accidentally crunching a twig. Toga hummed as she plucked the wings of a butterfly. Stain trudged forward, as they climbed up to the peak of the terrain. They were following a waterfall upstream.

They reached a secluded cliff. It peered over the rest of the forest. They set up at camp, a base of operations. A home tent with enough for all of them, a fold-out table, and fold out chair. Izuku and Toga were gonna share a separate tent. Stain only had a sleeping bag, and he rolled it out at the edge of the cliff, away from them.

Dabi didn't have anything to sleep with. He climbed the tallest tree close to them. He chilled on a sturdy branch. He gazed up at the melancholic night. It was quiet out here. "The stars don't look bad." He blinked and didn't open his eyes for a few moments. He forced them open. His eyelids were heavy. He was actually sleepy. He folded his arms behind his head on the tree. "This isn't bad either." Going to sleep.

They had spent time secluded from the city. Izuku was out collecting wood. He had been collecting his thoughts, during his time here. His green eyes shined a bit brighter in understanding but were hollowed slightly from the honesty.

He wandered into a rocky cliff. He took in the view. "Amazing." Izuku sat at the edge. His legs dangled aimlessly. He leaned back on his arms. He took in a breath of nature. 'It sure is peaceful.'

"Hey, this is my spot!" A kid yelled.

Izuku peeped surprised. He stood and turned to the voice. "E-Eh? Sorry, I'll leave, but first, where are your parents? It's not safe-"

The kid dipped his hat low to hide his eyes. "That's none of your business! Now get lost!"

Izuku flinched in guilt. He hit a nerve. Izuku calmed his face and pressed on. "Is there anyone taking care of you?" He couldn't leave the kid alone.

"You're so annoying, what are you some kind of a hero?" He was gritting his teeth. His two horned hat covered his expression.

Izuku cracked for a moment. He opened his palm and stared at it. There was a bloody glove over it. He clenched it shut, as the glove vanished. He turned his head towards the isolated forest.

"No... I don't think I can be."

His expression softened, he wasn't happy or sad. He was simply existing in the truth. The wind blew in the same direction as his eyes, his bangs flowed along to the fleeting hope, shrouding his eyes as they fell.

"Huh?" The boy didn't understand. He furrowed his eyebrows. "You can stay if you want." He grumbled.

Izuku sagged his shoulders along with his head to him. "Thanks. I'm Deku." He never gave his real name outright.

"Kota." He mumbled back.

"Nice to meet you, Kota."

"Whatever."

Izuku grinned as they began to hang out together. The sun was setting. "Man, a bunch of hero-students are going to be showing up today."

"Hm, is it that bad?"

"It's gonna cramp my style."

Izuku laughed lightly. Kota yelled at him to shut up. He didn't and Kota pouted, telling him to leave. Izuku apologized and they continued their small talk.

Toga wiggled in excitement. She was peaking through the bushes. A bunch of kids had just made it to a camp she had been snooping around. She got all giddy thinking of killing her boredom.

Toga's eyes narrowed seeing her walking, exhausted, along with the rest of the students.

"It's that bitch that was with Izuku..."

She snuck back into the shadows with bloodlust.