Ashes In The Rain

He groaned awake, struggling with the weight on top of him. She woke to his shifting. She outstretched her body with an adorable squealing yawn. She released the tense stretch, flopping back on him, cuddling.

"Kyouka, I gotta get up." He chuckled.

"No, you don't." She sighed, barely awake. "You just over prep as much as you analyze."

"Maybe, you're right."

"Maybe?" Snoring out that rebellious note.

"Okay, yes you're right, but still it's better if I get up now."

"Nah... I won so I decide." She crawled around him like a cat to find her phone. She checked it and dropped it back on the bed. "We still have an hour. .." She mumbled against his shoulder, curling up on him.

He sighed defeated. "I have to be there in an hour." He rubbed her back, kissing her forehead. "You just procrastinate because you can get away with it."

"Yup." Kissing his jaw, before they napped for a while longer.

Two hours later.

"I can't believe we actually slept for two more hours!" Izuku tripped, putting on his pants.

Kyouka was scratching the back of her calf with her bare toes. She was getting coffee ready. She was only wearing his dress shirt, loosely buttoned. "I was so comfy."

"I was too." His eye cringed. "Have you seen my eyepatch?" He checked the spot they were standing at last night. "Nevermind." Picking it up.

"Coffee's ready. Here, I poured it in a thermos."

"Thanks, Kyouka, you're the best." He reached for it after fixing his eyepatch.

She rose an eyebrow. "But aren't I the reason you're gonna be late?" She pulled on the eyepatch strap over his nose, and let it go as a playful flick.

"Yeah," he chuckled. "But it's a small thing that makes you, you, you know?"

"Yeah, babe, I know." Kissing the tip of his nose, wishing him well at work. He kissed her forehead and said his goodbye, heading for the door.

Kyouka followed behind him. "Oh, don't forget, I'm playing tonight, you'll be there, right?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world."

"As cheesy as always." She snickered. "But like you said, it's what makes you, you, you nerd." Playfully shoving him out the door.

"The hero nerd, Deku!"

"Oh, shut up!" She suppressed a giggle as he took steps to the hall. "Be safe, love you."

"Love you too." He waved with a smile as he took his leave.

The life in his green eye vanished as he left, replaced with that cold dead orb.

It never was the same after the rained died.

Drip, drip, drop.

"I don't think we can just stand here all day." Her words came out muffled from his chest.

Izuku nodded, slightly tapping her hair as well. He was thinking of a quiet place for them to be. "Hm, there is this nearby park I used to play in a lot when I was a kid."