Chapter 1: Life Of The Great Alpha

Veronica's P.O.V.

I walked into the den with Willa after going out to hunt for the pack. The moon was already up and it was dark outside.

"Luna's back!" one of the pups said, and before I knew it, I was being hugged by the other werepups, making me laugh and hug them back.

It has been a year since I found Wyatt and became the Great Alpha.

Things have been going great since I've joined the pack.

Willa has become more softer, Wynter joined the cheer squad, and Wyatt had joined the football team!

I've become adapted to this new life. I still visit my family every now and then.

Addison and Zed are still going strong as well as Bree and Bonzo.

Eliza hasn't found somebody yet, but I tell her there's someone out there for her waiting.

Bucky and the Acey's have soften up a little, but they still have a long way to go.

Since Wyatt's my mate, he's the soon-to-be alpha male of the pack. It will happen once we are officially mated to each other.

As you saw once before, I had chosen Willa as my beta and Wynter as my third-in-command.

I originally asked Sadie to be my beta, but she wasn't keen on a leadership position. Instead, she decided to become our pack's warrior. She teaches the wolves who hit puberty defense and combat skills.

"Hi, little ones." I told the pups as they stepped away. "Have you been good today?"

They nodded as more pack members came in.

"Welcome back, Veronica, Willa." a pack member greeted us.

"Can you teach me to hunt Luna?" one of the pups asked.

"Me too!" another one added.

They (the pups and most of the pack) often referred me as Luna. I didn't mind, if it made them happy, but, I still told them they could call me Veronica or Roni.

"We will next month." I replied, making them howl with excitement.

"Well, here's dinner." I said as I gave them a good amount of the food Willa and I brought.

One of the pack members started a fire and a couple other wolves began cooking their meat.

I saved some for me and Wyatt.

"They get cuter every day." I told her.

"Yeah, they do." Willa replied.

I saw Wynter walk in and she smiled. "Where's Wyatt?" I asked.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, making me jump and chuckle. "Right here."

I turned and smiled as I saw my mate there. "Hey, babe." I greeted.

"I brought dinner." I showed him the cooked meat.

"Great choice." he said.

I giggled as he kissed my temple and we began eating with the rest of the pack.

After dinner, I stayed with the pack and hung out with them before going to the house that the wolves had built for me and Wyatt.