Kaida

Robin POV

Kaida. Even after months had past her name still brought a smile to my lips. She trusted me with something no one else was allowed to know. It felt like I was given a precious treasure. Though I didn't know why she was so secretive with it considering I couldn't find anything on a Kaida. She seemed to want to say more the night she told me but she'd ended the conversation quickly after the tidbit of information given. Baby steps. But at least I got to know her name!

"Robin, Black Canary's here." M'gann's voice appeared in my head.

"Thanks on my way."

"Would you mind getting Wonder? I know we've been working on the whole mind thing but..."

She trailed off allowing me to fill in the blanks. "No problem."

"Thank you Robin!"

The voice disappeared as I quickly exited my room. Picking up Kaida we arrived to the team waiting on us.

"Great now that we're all here we can start," Black Canary said removing her jacket, "Let's start off with a small team exercise then move on to sparring. Everyone is going to be blindfolded except Megan. Megan your job is to get the team to find me."

"Through thought speech?"

"Yes it's something we all need to work on. Blindfolds are in that box over there. As soon as everyone is ready Megan you can begin."

M'gann shifted a glance to Wonder while Conner gave a small growl. Ever since the incident with thought speech Superboy had been overly protective of any interaction between his green skinned crush and Wonder.

Batman and her were working on it with Jon over the past several months but I could see she was still nervous, her hands slightly shaking as she tied the dark cloth over her closed eyes.

Before doing the same I shifted closer to her whispering just loud enough for her to hear, "Wonder take a deep breath. No one is going to hurt you."

"Can everyone hear me?"

A chorus of responses from the team answered her. 

"Wonder?" Megan tentatively asked the only one who hadn't.

"Yes." A simple answer after a long pause.

M'gann gave us all a lay out of the room and where everyone stood before giving the commands. The way this exercise worked was Canary is allowed to move while the leader, this time M'gann, is trying to get the team to corner and catch her. All one of us has to do is touch her and the game ends. Typically there's a time limit but she hadn't said anything, leading me to believe this was more for Kaida's training then ours.

"Begin!"

A few commands raced through my mind and due to gaining my bearings easily in the dark I followed. After a couple minutes everyone else did as well and the game picked up.

"Robin turn directly to your left and run. Wonder same thing. Zatanna, Superboy is an arm distance to your right, launch him straight."

I couldn't tell if Wonder had followed suit. Even trained this was a bit nerve wracking. I was running full force blindfolded. Commands shot faster and I could hear scrambling from others.

"Stop! Wonder drop! Robin Jump! KidFlash dart to your right! Artemis down straight ahead! Wonder on your right go forward!"

A surprise cry and thump brought the training to an end.

"Wonder you got her. The game is done." Megan's voice softly spoke as the rest of us pulled our blinds off.

Kaida stood over Black Canary with her arm pinned to her back. I could see heavy breathing coming from Wonder's body as she didn't move from the dominate position. Slowly walking up behind her I spoke softly, "It's me. I'm going to remove your blindfold." Untying the tight knot, allowing Wonder to see, she finally released her captured prey.