Sick

Batman POV

Before I heard an answer my satellite alarm went off and a voice crackled over the scanner.

"Blonde female attacking in the center of town. Emergency personal to evacuate. The attacker is highly dangerous advised not to confront until backup arrives." 

That sounds like Kelly. She hasn't shown herself since the week of the dance and only the team had ever gotten a look at her. Shekra as she called herself, always disappeared before league members got there. 

I could go with them but should I bring Wonder then? If she truly isn't feeling well she'd only be a liability in the field. Though I would be leaving her alone and I still didn't want to risk her having ulterior motives. I was suppose to be working with Dr. Fate to get the teams and transportation figured out.

Making my decision I contacted Red Tornado.

"What can I do for you Batman?"

"I need you to give a message to Dr. Fate and keep an eye on Wonder."

"What is wrong with Wonder?"

"She said she isn't feeling well and I'll be heading out with the team to check out this alarm."

"Yes sir. And the message for Dr. Fate?"

"That I'll be meeting up with him afterwards."

"Yes sir. Anything else?"

"No. Thank you Red Tornado."

"Of course."

Leaving the door, I summoned everyone to meet at the bio-ship and we rushed to the crime scene. Upon arrival we touched down just out of sight and spread out to confront Shekra. I wanted to capture her today. She could answer some long awaiting questions.

"Oh should I feel honored? The great and powerful Batman comes to great me personally!" The blonde villain's voice called out as soon as we were hidden.

How did she find us already? We literally just got here.

"Please don't try to hide. Really it's not worth it. I can see all of you." Not moving hoping to call her bluff she continued, "Hold up fingers if you need some convincing."

There was a shuffling beside me and she spoke up again, "Yellow spandex I'm going to say three but your hand is upside down so technically you don't have any 'up'."

Glancing over I saw Wally and Dick staring at his hand in amazement. So they didn't know about the x-ray vision either apparently. Giving them a nod we came out of hiding.

"Now isn't that so much better face to face?" Kelly swayed her hips a little and leaned forward flashing a smile. "So what do I owe the pleasure of the Batman joining his little team of side kicks?"

"We aren't sidekicks!" Flash's apprentice yelled out, "And it's KidFlash not Yellow Spandex!"

She rolled her eyes along with me, "Yea cause that name definitely doesn't scream sidekick at all. Would you rather test dummies?"

"What do you mean test dummies?" My apprentice called out this time. I was curious by this as well.

"Wow you are slow. Haven't you guys realised different powers? Or a boast in abilities? Maybe sick or bad random side affects? Hmm if not I guess I have to go back to the drawing board."

Stepping forward I took control of the conversation she was giving us, "Explain."

"OOO its the big bad scary Batman. I'm shaking in my boots." Kelly gave a giggle and pixie wings shot out from her back. Flapping them at a hummingbird's speed, she rose into the air, then teleported directly in front of Artemis knocking her out cold with a single punch. "That's for interrupting the other time."