Powers

Wonder POV

Tonight was the night. It'd been almost two weeks since erasing their memories and dropping hints for the tracker to find. The subtle use of my powers being used constantly the past few weeks to put this plan in action had not only advanced my powers but had added more to the ever growing list. The concern from this made it vital of needing to act tonight. I can't crash here.

"Once I can get this tracker found and gone I can leave."

"We're leaving?"

"Of course. I don't want to be here any more." I mumbled.

"Oh that sounds like the truth." She laughed.

Wanting to get off the subject I began reviewing the plan. "Alright we've gotten the tracker to follow us to the cave. And he thinks that's where we live. With the cameras we've set up we've seen him watching it. We need to be quick though, get him to send in his dog, kill it and him and get back here before anyone notices we're gone."

"You make it sound like dogs are easy to kill."

"If we get to them quick they are."

A ping shot through my head. Pulling up my external cameras I found the one that had been triggered. There. The tracker moved, shifting slightly. He'd been stalking the cave I'd been infusing and letting a light person I'd created live, pulsing energy every so often when I could get away to sit in it for a while. Shekra had the body to find him and get him to move closer then I was allowed to make the rest of the plan passive, in exchange for freedom over the night hours we weren't needed.

"Alright let's get going. We've got him." I fired a code to the door so it wouldn't send out a signal to Dick's pager.

Teleporting to the cave I used the cameras I'd created with spare parts found around the mountain base. Then infusing them with the tech power made them connected to a system in my head.

"Ready?"

'I mean yea as long as we hurry this up. Once we leave I'll take the body for a while.'

I'd been giving her time but if we weren't under surveillance there would be no good reason to not let her take control for a little which was not something I wanted. Maybe staying wasn't an awful idea....it did keep her in check.

"Focus on task right now. We can negotiate later."

Pulsing the energy I waited for the tracker to start moving. Perfect. Giving a final pulse I felt a second presence enter. The dog is coming.

Now!

Teleporting to the second presence I dropped from the trees, attacking.

"Robin?!"

Twisting out of the lethal attack I landed on the ground, skidding to a halt. "What the heck are you doing here?!"

He looked as surprised as I did. A glance at his pager told me he was confused.

"Kaida?! What are you doing here?"

"I...I...why are you here?!"

Robin POV

Both of our surprise was palpable. Why was she here? She was suppose to be in her room. The pager hadn't gone off. How the heck was she even here? I'd been tracking this man from the mall. From the cameras it seemed like that's who she was looking at. But where did she come from?

"I asked you first!" I couldn't believe I was running into her here. Why was I running into her here?

"I...I you need to leave!"