(1) - Witness

"We've been sitting at the bar for the longest

"We've been sitting at the bar for the longest. When our section gonna be ready?" Jayda whined as he eyed her from the end of the bar.

He itched the edge of his eyebrow clearly giving the annoyed face that made Jayda zip her lips quicker than ever. He hated clubs even with owning one as huge as this one, he never liked the atmosphere sometimes but if business called, he would always be there.

Most of the time, he sat at the bar alone enjoying a few drinks with his best friend who somehow was late for the second time but always gave him a slap on the wrist. So he needed company and Jayda was at the top of his list. Although he didn't care much for her, the guaranteed pussy that she would throw at him was good to him, so she played a part in a few of his public appearances.

His phone started to vibrate as a text message came through as he looked down at his lap already noticing Jayda's lengthy coffin shape nails outline his soft print.

He silently chuckled to himself before looking up and already seeing his Hennesey refilled along with another two shots of Patron for Jayda. He glanced over at her as she took both shots revealing her tongue that swirled in the small shot glass trying to impress him but his eyes were on her. The way her braids cascaded down to her mid back and slight blue hue from the club lights made her glow. Even with wearing all black he noticed her like a diamond in the rough.

She instantly caught eyes with him as he gave her the face that most women couldn't decline.

He slowly licked his lips at her but nodded his head directly at Keem.

"Kane." Niko placed his hand on his shoulder instantly taking him out of his stance from both Keem and the girl.

Kane looked over his Niko as his arm wrapped around her waist as she looked Kane up and down as he shook his head in disgust. That was the reason why he didn't want his best friend with her because it all felt like a ploy to just get closer to him and he didn't want that for his best friend. They were homies since the hard bottom baby shoes days and they stayed tight ever since, from the gritty bottom to the top top, they ran it together.

"Take em to my section." Kane ordered one of the bottle girls as she nodded her head as they both just walked off leaving Kane and Niko barely caring.

They both sat down at the bar as his eyes went back to his mystery woman who seemed like she was clearly uncomfortable just from the way her back was forced to the bar.

"Damn he really did come huh?" Niko asked as he looked over at the pair as well.

Kane nor Niko were planning on going to the club but since hearing about Keem's little celebration, it was only right.

Granted, Keem was young but he sure felt like he was responsible to run with the big boys. Being in the profession that Kane was in he had to make sure that being in his city, everyone abided by his rules. Everything was taught to him by the book and when he was officially to take the throne, he ruled it by an iron fist.