(15) - Welcome Home

Hondo watched as his mentor looked under his hood analyzing the whole engine as he looked along with him

Hondo watched as his mentor looked under his hood analyzing the whole engine as he looked along with him. His SRT was driving weird for the past month and every time he tried to get in contact with him, he was always busy. After blowing up his phone everyday non stop he finally answered.

"When was the last time you raced with her?" He asked as he reached in checking the oil.

Hondo took a deep breath, ready to brace himself for the speech that he was going to lie on him.

"The last time you told me to," He truthfully answered as he nodded his head and wiped his hands against his jumper.

"If it's a girl, you ain't gotta hide it from me. Your fuel injectors are dirty as fuck. I'm gonna have to charge you a fee." He answered as he twisted his mouth, sighing as he went into the backseat of his car taking out the small envelope.

"What's the damage man?" He asked as he opened the envelope taking the stack of hundreds out.

From all the winnings Hondo received from his race, he put a portion into Asta's college account, paid his bills, handed money over to his sister and paid his mother's hospital bills. Money definitely wasn't an issue, but he wasn't going to blow money because he wouldn't know when he would come across a payout like that. He was just blessed that Zela and Risky really bet high on him. He honestly didn't think he could win compared to the other drivers and their cars.

"I was handling some personal business, shouldn't even be out here to be honest, so five thousand is good enough for me." He answered as Hondo groaned, taking out the stack starting to count.

If it wasn't for Risky, Hondo would've never met with his mentor who taught him so much in his life since there was never a male role model in his life from his father disappearing in his life when he was just five. He was grateful to have his mother teach him so much into being a man but he still needed a male model, that's when Risky introduced them to each other.

"Killing me man," He groaned as he handed him the five grand, feeling the squeezing feeling on his heart.

"Yeah yeah yeah, tell that to the girl who got you sitting on your ass instead of using this car for what I told you to use it for." He replied as he shook his head.

Hondo instantly smiled thinking of Zela. The girl couldn't get out of his head even if he tried. He saw her when his eyes opened and was the last person he saw before he went to sleep. He admired her smile whenever he could even catch her smile and he even more enjoyed having quality time with her.

"Have you ever had someone come into your life at the wrong time and you're trying your hardest to fix everything so you won't lose them?" Hondo asked as he paused, then sat on the small stool looking outside the window as the all white Mercedes pulled in front of the shop.

"Do you love her?" He asked as he looked at the woman's long chocolate legs step out as he watched the shiny Cuban Link chain reflect into the shop.