10

Nobody knew what to say.

Even Rebekah, who was rarely caught off guard, did nothing but kept her wide eyed gaze transfixed on her older brother. He looked immaculate as ever, but something was different. His eyes gave it away, he had an intent.

Elena Gilbert was the first one to break the silence.

"What are you doing here, Elijah?" She asked timidly, as surprised as the others. Elijah wouldn't hurt her. He was a noble man, and she hadn't done anything against him ever since he'd left Mystic Falls.

"Hello, Elena." Elijah replied smoothly, straightening his tie as he approached the group. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife, and the Original sensed this when he was met with incredulous stares.

"Oh don't worry," He calmy said "I can assure you that i am not here for any one of you. My intent isn't hostile, for you at least."

Rebekah had found her words then, the familiar annoyance building up inside of her as she marched up to her brother.

"Then what is it that you want, Elijah?" Rebekah seethed "Did you come here to torment me? I have already told you i want nothing to do with our family-"

Elijah cut her off with a wave of his hand. "Keep your temper dear sister. This has nothing to do with you."

The younger Original chuckled at his words, shaking her head incredulously. "Then pray tell us, brother. What made you come back here?"

"I don't suppose you could tell me where Caroline Forbes is residing nowadays? Something tells me that she has left."

"Wait," Stefan finally intervened at the sound of her name. "What could you possibly want with Caroline?"

"That is between me and her, im afraid."

Damon scoffed, not wanting to deal with yet another Original much like the rest of them. He wanted to find Caroline purely because he wanted to be done with this mess.

"If you know something, i would suggest that you spit it out"

Elijah seemed unbothered with the older Salvatore, simply choosing to ignore the comment. He waited patiently for someone to give him some clarification, but Rebekah knew better than to trust any one of her family members.

"You could either give us some answers or you can go to hell, Elijah" Rebekah hissed, shooting daggers at her brother. The Original seemed calm as he approached his sister, used to her temper all too well.

"So it is to my understanding that you don't know where the Forbes girl is," Elijah sighed "This is unfortunate."

"I won't ask you again," She responded, clearly annoyed with only being met with vague answers. "What do you want with Caroline?"

The Original didn't speak, only raised his head in alert as his supernatural senses picked up a complication that was seemingly approaching at an alarmingly high rate. His features only displayed a hint of annoyance, but remained impassive. Of course he'd expected this, but he'd secretly hoped that Caroline's heart would be in his hands by now. Oh well, he loved a challenge.

"I will return for the girl." Elijah cooly responsed. By the time Rebekah caught on, he was simply not there anymore, flashing away to God knows where as if he were never there.

Good for you, brother. Well played.

***

Klaus Mikaelson took it all in as the brothers finally passed the 'Welcome To Mystic Falls' sign. He felt a wave of emotions, guilt and anger being the ones that overpowered him.