16

{10 years ago}

"Tyler is now free to come back to Mystic Falls." Caroline looked shocked, staring at him with utter disbelief. "What?" That smile appeared on her features, electrifying his every nerve.

God, the effect she'd had on him.

"He's your first love," He'd looked at her with nothing but love and affection, taking a deep breath before adding the next part. "I intend to be your last....however long it takes"

Klaus Mikaelson clutched onto the steering wheel until his knuckles went a ghostly white at the memory that'd somehow weened it's way back to his head.

It was a vow he thought he was willing to break when first making a run for that Deveraux witch. It was something that'd seemed like the most important task in his life at the time, when his priorities should've been with Caroline Forbes in the first place. It drove him mad with guilt and regret for leaving the town in the first place.

"Do you not think we should undagger our poor sister?"

His thoughts were cut with Kol's voice, who was looking at the back with worry. They had thrown Rebekah's desacated self in the backseat, not wanting to leave her on display for everyone to see.

"Leave her be. She's much more pleasant like this," Klaus replied grimly. Needless to say, he was still angry with the words thrown at him by the Original.

Of course, Klaus loved his little sister, even if she drove him mad half the time. No matter how much she professed his hatred for him, he knew that she'd have to get over her feelings eventually. They did have centuries ahead of their lives.

He hadn't felt time move so slow like it seemed in the last couple days. The only other being when he was living with the hunter's curse. It was one of the only times he had thought about switching it off.

"Run me through the plan again," Kol huffed, facing the front. "We are dealing with a ridiculously neurotic vampire with her humanity turned off. There's bound to be complications."

"Highly concentrated vervain," Klaus tried to focus on the road. "The Witch conveniently had a supply made."

"I still don't understand why her friends are tagging along. Don't they hate eachother?"

Klaus furrowed his brows, looking in the rearview mirror. A black SUV was following them not far behind. He could see Stefan driving with his heightened vision, a distressed look on his face.

The group had insisted on joining, and the his mind was too disoriented from the anger and worry to protest. As long as he was there, however, they couldn't hurt her.

He swore nothing would ever hurt Caroline again. Not even him.

"I'll handle it," The hybrid replied monotonously. "They won't be a problem."

————-

Caroline raised her eyebrows. Now this was an interesting turn of events. She hadn't thought Bonnie had any living witch relatives left. Not ever since her grams passed away and her mother turned into a vampire

"You're a Bennett witch," Caroline examined. "That's a surprise."

"In the flesh," Amelia smiled. She could point out the similarities between Bonnie easily, but there was something about her that was...off-putting. What threw Caroline off, however, was that she sensed a sort of darkness surrounding the Bennett witch that felt eerily familiar.

It was sort of darkness Caroline had felt consume her slowly on the inside.

"Right," Katherine stepped towards Amelia confidently. "So what's the price, Amy? You know you're the only one that can give me what i want."