13

{10 years ago}

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

Caroline stood perplexed in front of the worn down house, which now had a name thanks to Katherine. The Gemini Coven. It sounded familiar, probably something Bonnie had mentioned once, but she was too uninterested in witch business that she forgot about the entire thing. Until now, that was.

"The Gemini Coven," Katherine mused as she stood in front of the bolted door "Is one of the most powerful witch coven's in the world. Having a witch like that by your side? It's essential."

"Essential for what exactly?"

The doppelgänger suddenly used her inhumane strength to knock down the bolted door with only but a graceful push with her high heels. Surely enough, the chipped door swung effortlessly, as if it had never been bolted down in the first place.

"Essential for our plans, Caroline. I want something, and i intend to get it no matter what."

The blonde didn't question Katherine's intentions behind this mystery thing. She didn't care, as long as she was in for an exhilarating ride. She stubbornly followed her into the house, floorboards creaking with each step they took.

It was as normal as a ordinary suburban home inside, the furniture covered with white cloth and dust collected on the countertops. It was evidence that whomever lived here, coven or not, were long gone.

"I don't think the people you're lookimg for are coming back anytime soon," Caroline drags a finger through the collected dust. "Are you sure an all powerful witch coven lives here? Must've gotten your facts wrong."

Katherine scoffs, stepping through the house with pristine high heeled boots. "My facts are never wrong. I knew they were gone, but something resides here that i desperately need."

"What could you possibly want-"

The doppelgänger rolls her eyes, an annoyed expression on her features as she begins examining the house.

"It's just something i want. Now shut up, i'm trying to concentrate."

————

"Is it working?"

Anticipation was the only emotion evident within the group, gathered outside Caroline's lawn with Bonnie lighting her white candles in preparation. She rolled her eyes, flame lighting the last candle with a motion of her hand.

"I haven't started yet, Rebekah."

The Mikaelson sister huffs, crossing her arms over her chest impatiently. "Get on with it then, Witch. We haven't got all day, and where the hell is that stuffed animal?"

Stefan solemnly brought out one of Caroline's personal possessions. A work down teddy bear, with a button where the eye was supposed to be hanging on by a thread.

It was something you'd expect someone like her to own. She was good, and innocent. Now, he wasn't so sure. The girl that she'd become would want this once loved belonging to burn in Hell. Along with the rest of her old life. It'd devastated Stefan beyond words.

"Here," He handed Bonnie the bear quickly. "I hope it works."

"Let's hope so," Elena worriedly cut in. "The sooner we find Caroline, the sooner we put and end to this bloodshed."

Klaus Mikaelson stood behind, leaning against the fence of her home as he quietly observed the scene. It was tense, of course, with Caroline's ex-friends worries about the tracking spell and its efficiency. He scoffed to himself. More like traitors. It was partially their fault that Caroline was on a blood binge. He held responsibility, sure, but this incessant group of people pushed her to do the one thing he had never done to himself.