Sleeping Beauty | Yamaguchi Tadashi

warnings: none

warnings: none

word count: 1k+

————————

"Unbelievable"

"I know right?"

"Okay, who slipped a drug in his food last night?"

Several pairs of eyes trained on Yamaguchi's form who was still fast asleep, arms and legs wrapped around his giant pillow with his blanket kicked off to the side. 

Nishinoya took a deep breath, before screaming as loud as he could "YAMAGUCHI WAKE UP!" the others covered their ears, as his voice echoed throughout the room.

"I think you just damaged his eardrums" Ennoshita gave the libero a side glance, as Nishinoya let out a huff, eyes focus on the first year as Yamaguchi started moving, the first sign of life coming from him since the moment they had started waking him up. 

However, they had not expected him to turn his body to another position and clutching his pillow tighter.

Sugawara scratch his head "You could set off fireworks right beside him and he still won't wake-up"

Daichi let out a sigh before standing up "We'll try again later, let's go eat breakfast first" he said, as they exited the room and walk towards the cafeteria.

"Where's Yamaguchi?" you ask, your eyes scanning the group as they walk through the door. Doing a headcount, to make sure no one was missing.

"Asleep" Hinata and Kageyama answered as you followed them to where the foods where displayed.

"We tried waking him up, but no luck" Tanaka explained, as you turn to Kiyoko and Yachi who had been listening in the conversation.

"Okay, I'll go and wake him up myself"

"We'll set aside some food for you two" Kiyoko said, as you excuse yourself and walk towards their sleeping quarters, bumping into some of the players who were also participating in the training camp.

Once you had reached their room, you opened the door to see Yamaguchi starfishing on his sheets, still asleep like what the others had said.

You knelt beside him, watching as his chest rise up and down with each breath. You had never look at his face this up close before, nor look at him for this long. Whenever the two of you would have conversations together, you would often find yourself looking at anything than his face.