Handle With Care | Sugawara Koshi

warnings: none

warnings: none

word count: 1.6k

a/n: was feeling under the weather lately so here's a sickfic, with no other than the pretty boy himself.

(f/b)- favorite bread.

————————— 

When you woke up that morning, you did not expect to be greeted by a pounding headache, partnered with an itchy throat, a sore body and your ears ringing. Aside from that, your eyes hurt as well to the point that just by opening them for a few seconds causes it to sting resulting in tears building up, so you had no choice but to close them again.

Even the tiniest sounds, dorks barking, doors closing, causes your headache to worsen, basically everything hurts and you can't even do anything about it.

"(Y/n)! wake up or you'll be late!" your mother called from downstairs, preparing your breakfast. You groaned, wrapping your blanket tighter around yourself as the wind from the air conditioner blew past you, your body hurts so much, you can't even stand up to turn it off.

Minutes past and your mother haven't called you again, that was until you heard your door opening. Soft footsteps padding over the carpeted floor as your mom walks towards your miserable form "(Y/n)?"

"Y-yes?" you croaked out, your voice scratchy, you felt the side of your bed dip a little. Your mother's cold hand presses your forehead to check your temperature. She frowned, your body temperature too high for her liking.

"You might be having a fever sweetheart" she stood up, walking into your bathroom and opening the medicine cabinet. Taking out a thermometer, she went back out, urging you to open your mouth and place it inside. While waiting, she grabs the remote and turns off your AC, adjusting your curtains to fully cover your window.

Hearing the device beep, she took it out and checked. "40.1 degrees celsius" Her existing frown deepened "I'm taking you to the hospital"

You shook your head, slowly opening your eyes to meet your mother's concerned ones "No...hospitals please"

She knelt down, brushing the hair out of your eyes, your body visibly relaxing at your mother's soft touches. "(Y/n), your temperature's at 40. That's considered high already"

"N-no" you sink lower into your bed, covering your head with your blanket once again. You never liked hospitals, the smell of antiseptics, the trays of medicines, the needles from the injections, and the patients you see roaming the hallways, it never sits right with you. Whenever you step foot inside a hospital, it just smells like death you found it disturbing, so unless you're dying, you will not agree to your mother's decision to take you there.

You heard her sigh, before she gently patted your form from over your blanket "Alright, no hospital. But you're drinking all the medicines I'm giving you. Is that a deal?"