Cats and Owls | Nekoma High

warning: none

word count: 1.2k

a/n: I don't even have anything to say anymore, so uhh... enjoy?? 

—————————

Training camps were fun, you get to mingle with students from different teams, coming from different schools, living in different cities. The idea of making new friends excites you the most, wondering what kinds of people you'll meet. It was your first time attending a training camp after all, as excited as you are, you were a bit nervous as well.

"What schools are going to join?" you ask, turning to Shibayama sitting beside you. He taps his chin in thought, recalling the teams mentioned yesterday during practice.

"Fukurodani, Shinzen, Ubogawa, and Karasuno " he answered, nodding to himself.

"That's a lot of people"

From the other side of the bus, Yaku turns to look at Kuroo, who had already settled himself on his seat. Watching the movie playing on the tv installed at the front of the bus.

"You know, this will be the first time other teams will meet (Y/n)" Yaku started, as Kuroo hums in response, adjusting his neck pillow as he thoughtlessly stares at the screen.

"It's a good thing, at least she'll become familiar with everyone there"

"Kuroo, you do realize that if Bokuto meets her. He'll try and take her away?"

"Ah... fuck" Bokuto is a very social person, making friends with almost anyone, Kuroo knows this more than anyone else, and being a third-year he sometimes loves to dote on the younger ones. Kuroo remembers during this year's first training camp, Karasuno was introduced, and immediately Bokuto made friends with two of their first years, namely Hinata Shoyo and Tsukishima Kei.

"He'll be looking for her, you did keep talking about (Y/n) to him" Kai reminded as Kuroo ran a hand on his face.

"We'll just hide her from him then, simple as that"

Yaku deadpans at him. "And how are you going to do that? (Y/n)'s the manager, she'll be on the court most of the time"

"You're thinking too much, he won't see her"

After that, the bus ride was peaceful, the little sway from the bus lulls them to sleep and they store up energy for a very tiring set of training waiting for them.

—————————

"Kuroo-san, Kenma hello!" an excited voice yelled as you turn to look at the person, your eyes almost blinded by the color of his hair.

"Yo shrimpy" Kuroo ruffled his hair, grinning at the first year.

"Shoyou, hello"

You watch them talk to each other, your hand gripping the strap of your backpack. Waiting for the rest of the team to unload their luggage.

"Hey, hey, hey!"

Another loud voice boomed as another bus arrives, it's passengers climbing down and retrieving their luggage from the compartment.

"(Y/n), why don't you go on ahead with them?" Yaku gestured at the two girls standing behind him. "You'll be sharing a room, so why not make some friends?"

You nodded, following after the two as you introduce yourselves to each other. You quickly learned their names were Kiyoko Shimizu and Yachi Hitoka.