Tour

The next morning, I got a text from a number I didn't recognize. It said, Hey it's Ethan. Just wanted to make sure I got the right number and ask if you're ready for that tour. I quickly saved the number, then texted back, You got the right number, and sure I can't wait! I quickly changed into my favourite jeans and sweater, then headed downstairs. I got the text, Great, you can come to my house for a few minutes before we leave. And so I wolfed down a very quick breakfast and headed outside. I crossed over our lawn, and over to the boys' house. I took a deep breath, unsure of why I was so nervous, then rang the doorbell. A moment later, the door opened and Karl was there. "Hey Esme, you here for your tour with Ethan?" I nodded. "Right, come on in." I did so, closing the door and slowly following Karl out to the living room. I lowered myself onto the couch, and a moment later, Midnight leapt up onto my lap with a meow of greeting. I smiled and started petting her, and she purred as she settled down comfortably. "She really likes you." A familiar voice said, and I looked up to see Ethan leaning on the wall watching me. I smiled, wondering why my heart skipped a beat. "I like her too." I said. "So you ready for the tour?" Ethan asked. I nodded, gently lifting Midnight off me as I got up. We went out to Ethan's car, and I nervously fastened myself in. "So, what do you want to see first?" Ethan asked me, and I shrugged. "What are my options?" Ethan thought for a moment before saying, "Well I could take you to the closest Starbucks?" I nodded eagerly. "Starbucks is great. But I haven't any money..." I trailed off in disappointment, but Ethan shrugged. "I'll buy for you." I looked up in surprise. "Really?" He nodded with a small smile, and I felt my stomach drop a bit. "O-okay.." I said softly. "Great." Ethan started the car and we got on the road. My mind was wirling with thoughts. There was no way I could be catching feelings. I'd promised myself after the last guy that I'd never like someone again. But as I glanced at Ethan, I couldn't push away the thought that had been in the back of my mind since I met him the day before. He is a bit cute... I tried to push that thought from my mind. No. I couldn't let myself fall for someone again. I couldn't go through that pain a second time.
We pulled into the Starbucks drive thru, and Ethan asked me what I wanted. "Java chip." I replied promptly. He got us both our drinks, and then we got back on the road. The rest of the day was spent driving around the city, checking out the best stores and parks. We also stopped in at a large warehouse where Ethan did editing for some youtuber called MrBeast. It was around 5pm when we got back home. Ethan turned to me as he shut the car down. "Hey, I don't suppose you'd like to go live with me on Twitch?" I glanced to him. "Twitch? You're a streamer?" He nodded. "Yeah, I usually go live at 6pm. It'd be cool for you to join in." I thought for a moment, then nodded. "Sure, why not?" We headed into his house and upstairs to his room. He had a cool setup in there, with computers and various other technology. At 6pm sharp, we went live. "This is my new friend, Esme." Ethan introduced me to the 23 people watching. I waved with a smile. We just messed around for the next hour and a half, chatting with the viewers and talking about random stuff. When I went home, I felt happier than usual. Eric punched me as he and I helped make dinner. "Yo sis what's got you so happy? Is it that guy you went on a date with today?" I glared at him. "Eric! It wasn't a date, he just took me for a tour of the city and then we live streamed on Twitch a bit." Eric looked doubtful. "Well okay. But you have a crush on him I can tell." "I do not!" I shrieked, punching him. "Do too!" He called as he dodged my second hit and went to the table. Ugh! Brothers could be so annoying! But as I sat down at the table with my family, I couldn't help but wonder if my brother was actually right.