six

ALLURA AND JAMES WALKED INTO the store. The two were dressed casually, both in jeans and different colored sweaters; Allura black and James white. Her hair was loose, the strawberry blonde hair looking surprisingly soft as it bounced against her shoulders.

        James grabbed her arm as she headed to the right, pulling her to the left with him to the section they were looking for.

         "Hey." She mumbled, rolling her eyes but following him anyway. The two observed the different types of radios, getting surprised by the fact that there were options from a lot of different years.

        "Do you think they all work?" James asked, approaching the radios and pressing the buttons knowingly.

        "I have absolutely no clue. I have only seen the radios we were given in HYDRA, and you don't exactly find those here."

        "I remember when I was younger, I would listen to music and news of the war in them. They were common, since there wasn't the incredible amount of technology that there is now." James said, showing her a black small radio.

         "That's a walkie-talkie." Allura told him bluntly, James rolling his eyes and nodding.

        "I know." He grabbed a radio where news could be heard and raised an eyebrow. "This is what we're looking for."

        "How about you look for that and I go check the store out. There's a lot of human things I've never seen before." Her eyes seemed childish as she observed, James tilting his head before grabbing her hand.

        "Just be careful."

        "When am I not?" Her gaze locked with his, a smile on her face as slight smirk covered the soldier's face.

        "I could tell you of a few times-"

        "I'll be careful, Soldat." She said, walking away with a grin on her face as James chuckled at her and kept on observing the radios.

         Allura's green eyes trailed over the technology, her curiosity rising as she took hold of a small, squared thing that she didn't recognize. It looked like one of the devices they had back home, which made a nostalgic spark arise in her gaze.

        She touched multiple pieces of technology delicately, trying to figure out how they worked and how they helped humans complete their daily tasks— which, lead her to remind herself, that in contrary to humans, people in Jupiter didn't tend to do things just for the fun of it. In Jupiter, they'd need a good reason to create something, or they wouldn't. Like art, dance, music and other things.

        The girl turned around and she was met with yet another squared device, that had a circle in the left side. There was a small screen on the other side, with buttons by the right.

        She turned it on hesitantly, her eyes widening a bit when she saw that the table full of machines like the one she was holding, was also in the screen, moving as her arm guided it.

        Her head began to hurt, the girl quickly leaving the device on the table, afraid that she'd have to pay for it if she dropped it. Allura held her temples with her hand, hissing a bit and closing her green eyes shut.

        "Maybe, when we get out of here I'll show you a camera and I'll get you to take your first picture." He told her, his eyes hopeful to any possible escape. Allura's eyes brightened, a hum in approval escaping her as she sent him a breathtaking smile.

        "I would love that."

        "But you gotta explain, doll. Why don't you have cameras? I thought your tech was more advanced." Bucky asked, Allura shrugging as she pulled at her restraints.