thirty two

EVERY TIME ALLURA WAS CONTROLLED by HYDRA, she would usually wake up on the leather chair that she knew so well, her arms tied to the side and the metal equipment near her face, ready to take everything away from her.

         So, as she woke up, her body involuntarily shook slightly, her green eyes adjusting to the small bit of lighting in the place where she was. She didn't recognize it, but judging by the cramped seats and the black carpets on the ground, she was in a van.

       She looked up for the first time, almost jumping back in surprise at the familiar set of yellow eyes that stared as her as if she were a mathematical equation. Then she realized that there were two sets of blue eyes observing her as well, and an asleep man lying down on the seats.

       "Which Allura am I talking to?" Ezekyel asked carefully, the woman rolling her eyes briefly and making Ezekyel snort. "Yeah, it's you." He said, offering his hand for her to stand up and sit on one of the seats.

        "Are you sure?" The man behind him asked, the younger alien nodding.

        "Yeah. Sassy Allura is a good sign. I'd worry if it was cold, machine like Allura." His eyes landed on the mark and he couldn't help but smirk, Allura sighing at the look of his face.

        "If you don't get that grin off you face, I'm gonna punch it off it." She told him, and Ezekyel pretended to be offended.

         "So I don't see you in a lot of time, and the first thing you do is threaten my beautiful face." He said. "And my grin is very adequate to the situation. One would think you and James would have better ways to spend time-"

         "It was once." Allura interrupted him. "Not that I have to explain anything to you, but it was only once." She said, a small blush appearing on her cheeks that was soon replaced by a big smile when she noticed an important detail:

         She was standing in front of her brother. She was arguing with her brother in the same tone they did before.

         And apparently, Ezekyel was thinking the same thing, because, against his better judgement, he stepped forward and wrapped her in his arms. Allura reacted immediately, hugging him tightly as she placed her chin on his shoulder.

        "Never thought I'd say this. But-"

         "I missed you, too." Ezekyel completed her sentence with a laugh.

         "You didn't let me finish, idiot. I was actually gonna say it!"

        "I spared you the shame. It's what a good brother does."

        "I missed you."

        "I know."

       The siblings broke apart, laughing slightly before Allura realized that he didn't know yet. He didn't know about the Jupiterians.

       "You were right."

        "I tend to be."

        "No you don't." Allura snorted, hitting his shoulder. "But this time you were. Our people are alive. James and I found them." She analyzed the look in his eyes, and found her heart swelling with joy at the excitement, relief and curiosity that filled them. It reminded her of when they were kids, and she would take him to see the sky in Jupiter after the fifth hour, when every planet and star was visible through the thick clouds.

        "Anyone we knew?"

        "They aren't a lot. Lack of hydrogen has really affected them." She told him, the look in his eyes telling her that he understood what she meant. "Lana and Pearl." She said simply, Ezekyel's gaze lightening again. "A few of our former teachers and warriors."