fourteen

"WHAT IF THEY MAKE US AGAIN?" Allura asked, sitting in between Bucky's open legs with her back against his chest. He played with her hair, wrapping it around his finger and then letting it go, one of his hands on her stomach as her hand was over it.

They had gotten closer through the years, and ever since Allura told him that they were going to be out through an immense hell, he had made an effort to get even closer to her. But she didn't realize. She went with it, sure, but the romantic gestures that he used, weren't the same ones that would be used in Jupiter.

"I'll remember you." Bucky whispered, Allura looking up at him slightly. "I can't forget ya, right? You and your bad alien jokes." Allura gasped, crossing her legs Indian style and facing him.

"You're the bad with the bad alien jokes!"

"Oh, really?"

Allura rolled her eyes, laughing and hitting his stomach, watching him hold it with a smirk.

"Like, what was it?" She thought out loud, her eyes widening as she remembered. "Oh yeah. 'How do you put an alien to sleep? You rocket." She told him with a pointed look. James laughed at the ridiculous joke, his eyes closing as his breathtaking smile occupied most of his face. "Or 'How did Allura feel after landing on earth? Alienated'." She stopped to tell him another one. "Or-"

"Ok. That's enough, doll."

"No." She laughed, Bucky wrapping his arms around her and pulling her. "Let go." The doors opened before anything else could happen, guards rolling their eyes at them and separating them.

"The assets really shouldn't share a cell."

"Soon, the won't." Allura and Bucky turned to each other, their eyes becoming sad as they were taken away for their daily training and beating... a lot more beating than training, of course.

THE MOMENT JAMES FELT THE electricity stop, weakness was the first thing he felt. He felt his body numb, and his blue eyes wide as his entire life went back into his head like a train wreck.

He could remember his childhood, meeting Steve Rogers and growing up with the blond until the train accident ripped them apart. He could remember his annoying siblings, that he so infinitely loved. He could remember his strict father, who worked more time than he could handle so that his family would have everything in the horrible economic situation that they lived in. He could remember his mom, her beautiful blue eyes equal to his and her soothing voice that could get him through every single one of his nightmares.

He felt like he was living the war all over again; his encounters with HYDRA. He felt like he was in the room, getting his arm completely ripped off and replaced by a piece of metal that he had never felt one with.

He could see Allura Ljós, saving him from the guards that were going his way and assuring him that it was alright when he killed them, since they were going to hurt him. He could read his own thoughts, being absolutely stunned over the fact that she was an alien— a real alien, from a nearby planet.

And then his life in HYDRA with her hit him like a Hurricane, his exhausted blue eyes softening as his body jolted up from the chair and landed on the familiar woman that he adored. On the woman who had stuck with him from the very beginning and he wanted to be with until the very end.

Her green eyes were confused, as she observed her sweaty partner stare at her as if she were a plum. But he didn't seem to mind her curious stare, as his non metal hand reached to carefully touch her face. Allura was surprised, her eyebrows furrowing and a nervous smile appearing on her lips.