thirty

JAMES HELPED ALLURA UP WORRIEDLY and they both turned to face a man in a black, panther suit. He showed them his claws and the assets didn't hesitate to step forward.

       But this man, unlike the soldiers back in their apartment, knew how to fight.

       He was excellent, actually.

       He kicked James smoothly, making him groan and send him back on the ground. Allura tried to punch him but he grabbed her fist, turning her around in the air and kicking her on the stomach.

       She hissed as she fell, getting back up immediately to block a kick that he sent her way, and to duck under a strong punch going to her neck. James grabbed the man by the neck, but was surprised when the man punched him and threw him against a concrete structure.

       Allura heard his sounds of pain and rushed towards him, kicking the panther on the back of his knee so James would have enough time to move away from his claws. The man grabbed her hair, and hit her against the same concrete wall, grabbing her by the neck with his hand.

       Allura groaned loudly, grabbing his arm and wrapping her legs around it, then twisting her body so the man spun in the air and landed in front of her like a cat. He tried to slam his body against her, but James got in between with a metal bar, hitting him on the head with it— which, made him take steps back.

       "Are you alright?" He asked her carefully.

       "I could ask you the same thing." She replied, both checking each other for major injuries and feeling relief surge through them when they found none.

       But something told them the fight wasn't nearly over yet.

       A man began firing at them from a helicopter, and Allura and James exchanged knowing glances as they ran away from them. The two jumped off the building, landing carefully on another part of it before continuing all the way down. They could hear loud footsteps behind them, and they knew they were being chased by panther guy.

       So, with no other alternative, they jumped into the street, almost being hit by a grey car. They kept on running, panther guy, Steve and Ezekyel right behind them but it seemed as though the three had lost track of who was chasing who.

       But as the sound of sirens echoed in the small tunnel, Allura knew there was no way they were getting out. She tried to make her body levitate, but the fighting back at the apartment had left her abilities quite drained, and the only reason why she was still moving was because she knew she had to get away.

       James' eyes landed on a motorcycle and he grabbed it, twisting his body around and getting on top of it while in the air. Allura kept running next to him until James grabbed her and pulled her behind him, the two speeding away from the scene as fast as they could.

       But panther guy insisted on fighting.

       He jumped to them, but James caught him and grabbed him by the neck, Allura changing positions by wrapping her legs around James' torso and turning her body to the other side. She took control of the bike, her body stiffening slightly when the impact caused the bike to go sideways. But James' arm straightened it, and as soon as they were stable, James wrapped his arms around her waist.

       "Remind me to never raise you on one of these." James told her, admiring her skills as she dodged any potential obstacle.

       "I've got you, ást." She replied. James threw a small device to the tunnel's roof, causing a small explosion that would allow them to escape. But panther guy managed to get out so he wasn't trapped inside, and before they knew it, he had clawed the tire and both assets fell against the concrete, rolling as they tried to use their arms to avoid impact to their heads. Panther guy grabbed Allura's wrist, attempting to claw it but resulting in ripping the sleeve off her jacket, leaving her forearm uncovered.

       Steve threw him away from her and Ezekyel pushed him against the ground with his ability.

       But it was too late.

       They were surrounded by armed police that was staring at them with evident rage and a man in a metal suit that Allura and James remembered from the fight in Sokovia.

        "STAND DOWN, NOW!" He ordered, extending his arms as a threat. "Congratulations, Cap, Grav. You're criminals."

       Multiple men rushed to James and Allura, two of them grabbing her by the back of the neck and forcing her to her knees. Her green eyes seemed dull, not even having the strength to fight back. She was pushed to the ground completely, her hands being placed behind her back as more equipment was brought.

       Ezekyel analyzed the scene, and his eyes widened when they landed on the familiar mark on her arm.

       It couldn't be.

       "Stop!" He instructed, calling James' and Steve's attention. "Don't put oxygen in her!" But police disobeyed, and roughly placed a transparent mask against her nose and mouth, pressing a button as gas was heard. Allura's green eyes widened as she tried to fight their grips, the iris of her eyes becoming red as she screamed.

       "LET HER GO!" James screamed as well, understanding what Ezekyel had meant.

       The baby.

       Direct oxygen, in the amount that they were trying to put into her bloodstream and lungs, would kill the baby.

       "HEY! LET HER GO!" James screamed, kicking a few men but being held back by others.

       Ezekyel used his abilities to thrown every man off Allura before rushing to her and removing the mask from her face, replacing the oxygen with hydrogen and making her breath it. Both their eyes were on the mark, which, fortunately, remained untouched.

        The younger brother glanced at his sister, a look of disbelief on his face as she bit her lip.

       "Unbelievable." He said, a small smile coating his lips, he helped her up but was pushed back by police, who didn't attempt to put Allura under oxygen, but held her tightly with special restraints.

       "What can I say? I'm full of surprises." She smiled slightly, the gesture leaving her face as soon as she turned away from her little brother and the soldiers pulled her into a special compartment.

I mean, when I was watching the movie, event the first time, I was hella impressed with T'Challa's fighting skills. Like, damn! There were scenes where he made it look like if he was training the super soldier- slash- best asset in HYDRA 😂

Soooo, Ezekyel knows! And he's more amused than anything; which isn't really surprising, coming from Ez.

I hope you enjoyed! I know it's short. But I'm excited to keep updating and that scene seemed appropriate to close.

Stay safe!

- evanescence2016