thirty six

JAMES AND ALLURA SPOTTED STEVE and Ezekyel behind an airplane, the two running to them; Allura standing next to her brother, opposite to Steve and James.

       "We gotta to. That guy's probably in Siberia by now." James told them, panting slightly.

       "We gotta draw out the flyers. I'll take Vision you get to the jet." Steve told them, another voice through their earpiece interrupting them.

       "No! You get to the jet." Sam spoke. "The four of you. The rest of us aren't getting out of here."

       "As much as I hate to admit it, it we're gonna win this one some of us might have to lose it." Clint spoke, Steve sighing and looking at the ground.

       Allura and James looked at each other, not wanting to sacrifice any of the other members either, but understanding that what this man wanted went beyond any of their needs.

       "Alright, Sam. What's the play?"

        "We need a diversion. Something big."

       "I got something kinda big." Scott Lang spoke. "But I can't hold it very long. On my signal, run like hell." He instructed. "And if I tear myself in half, don't come back for me."

       "He's gonna tear himself in half?" Bucky asked in disbelief, Allura shrugging, not being surprised in the slightest by the man's comment.

        "You sure about this, Lang?" Ezekyel asked, feeling concerned for the strange man.

       "I do it all the time. I mean once. In a lab. Then I passed out."

        Before any of them could react, they saw a huge man, the size of a building overpowering Rhodes.

       "I guess that's the signal."

       Allura nodded.

       "You guess right. She said, accurately astonished by the man. "I think this when we, you know, run." The four of them followed her orders, running at a scarily similar speed because of each's enhancements and abilities. Explosions went off behind them, but the only thing in their minds was getting to the quinjet.

       "This is insane." Ezekyel muttered as he turned slightly to see what was happening, Allura following his gaze and shrugging.

       "Not really. Remember the óvinir, when they pulled a similar stunt?"

       "Yeah, that was hilarious."

       "Hilarious? Ivan almost died!"

       "He's my pal, but he stole my frozen hydrogen the day before."

       The four were close to the quinjet, but before they could go in, a tower was falling on them. They all saw Vision, piercing it with the stone on his forehead and Allura sighed.

       "Just perfect." But right before it fell on them, red mist engulfed it, and a struggling Wanda was holding it up.

       "Wanda! Stop! You're gonna hurt yourself!" A male voice spoke, his tone pleading as he watched his sister. But before she could even look at him, Rhodes hit her with sound waves, making her scream in pain. "NO! NO! STOP!"

       That's when it went too far for him. This fight, this team, this moment.

       "YOU'RE HURTING HER!" Pietro screamed, not being able hold himself anymore as he ran and jumped, bringing the man down with him and punching him through the suit.