The Beginning

'The Avatar will be lost. In a great time of need, you will be there to help. You must train for your destiny.'

That's all Persephone was told in her life, the monks having saved her from her parents abandoning her to a harsh storm up in the air temple. The young baby having grown to a beautiful young woman who had golden brown hair that curled at the ends, but it was always put into braids to keep out of her face. Her skin was pale, littered with a mole here and there around her face, one being close to her top lip and then her eyes. Two colored, the left iris a bright color hazel and the right dark brown, it was what captured everyone's attention.

Persephone sat down near the garden, watching the Flying Bison soar past her to grab a few leaves from the bushes next to her. The young teen smiled when she felt air next to her and she looked up at the twelve year old next to her.

His name was Aang, the next Avatar for the world and by the look on his face she was guessing the Monks had finally told him. "You okay, Aang?" She asked, the boy's lip quivering and she moved to hug him.

He sobbed into her shoulder, the teenager rubbing his back and holding him closer to her. "They-They told me I'm the next Avatar. I don't want to be." He told her.

The girl nods her head, pulling away and looking at him with his sad brown eyes. "I know. But maybe this is a good thing. I don't want to be a Fire Bender in a temple full of Air Benders, but yet here I am." She grinned, the boy sniffling and she saw Gyatso walking towards them. "I'm going to leave you with Monk Gyatso." She said, Aang smiling and nodding his head.

She got up, her orange top hugging against her body, showing off her stomach, while her yellow pants were super baggy to allow air flow. Then her shoes were leather moccasins, and her braids moved with the wind as she walked over to the other monks, the students all giving her looks, not glaring just simple wide eyed looks you would give to a stranger, as she winced and moved away.

She didn't belong here. This was a sacred temple, and for Gyatso to allow her to stay by being her guardian, it was against many, many laws.

But yet here she was, a disowned-orphaned girl who was a not allowed to learn the secrets of the Monks. She sighed, sitting down next to Appa, a furry Flying Bison, and she smiled at him. "You won't stare at me, would you Appa?" She asked, the Bison giving out a groan and licked her cheek.

The girl giggled, picking up a piece of grass and allowed her finger tips to hers up. The girl took a deep breath, the sun's energy at the highest point during noon, giving her the strength she needed.

She saw the grass singe and she smiled, causing a small flame to erupt and she let it dance around her fingers. She sighed, letting it go out and she looked over the temple, not knowing what to do with her life if the Monks have it already planned out.

<>•<>•<>•