Chapter 9

THE GREAT DIVIDE

Sokka was putting up the tent for the night, Katara was getting some fire wood, and Aang and Persephone went out to see if they could catch anything for dinner

Sokka was putting up the tent for the night, Katara was getting some fire wood, and Aang and Persephone went out to see if they could catch anything for dinner. "Okay, we got the grub if you guys got the- - hey, where's the campfire, and what happened to the tent?" Aang asked, Persephone rolling her eyes.

"You guys, we can't deal with your sibling rivalry." She told them, picking up the fire wood.

"Why don't you ask miss know it all, Queen of the twigs?" Sokka asked angrily.

"Oh, yeah? Well, you're Mr. Lazy Bum, king of the..." and Katara picked up one of the twigs. "Tents!" She yelled, throwing the twigs at Sokka as Persephone ducked just in time.

Aang chuckled as he set the food down. "Okay. Listen, guys. Harsh words won't solve problems. Action will. Why don't you just switch jobs?" Aang suggested, Persephone handing Sokka the fire wood.

"Sounds good."

"Whatever." They both muttered, Persephone smiling.

"Good going, Aang. Maybe you could get the Fire Nation to be all nice with your wisdom." She winked, picking up the food.

"You see that? Settling feuds and making peace- - all in a day's work for the Avatar." Aang said, and that's when he heard Momo fighting with Appa over the food. Aang went to grab the melon, slicing it for them in portions, Appa's being bigger than momo's because of his size. "Come on, Momo. That's fair. Appa's got five stomachs." Aang stated.

The next day is when they reached the great divide, Persephone taking in the view. "There it is, guys- - the great divide." Aang said.

"Wow. I could just stare at it forever." Katara told them.

"Okay. I've seen enough." Sokka told them while walking away.

"How can you not be fascinated, Sokka? This is the largest canyon in the entire world." Katara told him.

"Then I'm sure we'll be able to see it very clearly from the air while we fly away." Sokka told her.

"Hey, if you're looking for the canyon guide, I was here first." A man yelled, running to be the first in line as Persephone rolled her eyes.

"Ooh. Canyon guide. Sounds informative." Katara said with a smile.

"Believe me, he more than a tour guide. He's an Earth Bender, and the only way in and out of the canyon is with his help. And he's taking my tribe across next." The man told them angrily.