Chapter 8

JET

"Where's Momo?" Aang asked, and just in time they had heard a screech in the distance

"Where's Momo?" Aang asked, and just in time they had heard a screech in the distance. Persephone got up quickly, waking around the forest with a fast pace and saw Momo high in the air in a trap. Aang has flown up, grabbing the cage by the chain and releasing him. "Hang on, Momo!" Aang yelled, and the lemur has gotten out, eating the berries that were inside the trap.

They heard the other animals inside the other traps, Aang smiled. "All right, you too." Aang said, flying up to help them as Sokka rolled his eyes.

"This is going to take forever." Sokka said, using his boomerang to cut the ropes and the animals were free.

"That works." Aang said, fluttering down as Persephone giggled.

"These are Fire Nation traps. You can tell from the metal work. We'd better pack your camp and get moving." Sokka said, and everyone did as they were told, not wanting to deal with another fight.

"Uh-Uh! No flying this time." Sokka told Aang.

"What? Why wouldn't we fly?" Aang asked him.

"Think about it. Somehow Prince Zuko and the Fire Nation keep finding us. It's because they spot Appa, he's just too noticeable." Sokka tells them.

"What? Appa's no too noticeable." Katara told him.

"Katara, he's a big furry bison that flies in the sky. I agree with Sokka. At least until we reach some water." She told them, Aang frowning.

"He's a gigantic fluffy monster with an arrow on his head! It's kind of hard to miss him." Sokka said while Appa growls at them.

"Sokka's just jealous because he doesn't have an arrow." Aang smiled at his friend.

"I know you all want to fly, but my instincts tell me we should play it safe this time and walk." Sokka said.

"Who made you the boss?" Katara asked while Persephone rolled her eyes.

"He's not the boss. Aang is since he's the Avatar, but he needs a little guidance." She told him, smiling at Aang.

"Are you kidding? He's just a goofy kid." Sokka said.

"He's right." Aang said, proving his point by hanging upside down from Appa's horn.

"Why do boys always think someone has to be a leader? I bet you wouldn't be so bossy if you kissed a girl." Katara said while Persephone raised her eyebrow.