Chapter 14

THE DESERTER

Aang, Katara, Persephone, and Sokka were walking down a path in the forest with Appa and Momo behind them

Aang, Katara, Persephone, and Sokka were walking down a path in the forest with Appa and Momo behind them. Persephone looked over the posters as she smiled slightly. "This should give us a good idea of what's around here." Katara said.

"See if you can find a menu. I'm starving." Sokka said, looking into the food bag and seeing that it was completely empty, again.

"I bet we'll find something to eat here- - the Fire days festival." Aang said and Persephone smiled.

"I've always loved Fire days! It shows everyone the history of the Fire Nation and holds many jugglers, Benders, and magicians!" She said, using her own skill to juggle Fire balls as Sokka sighed.

"This would be a great place for me to study some real Fire Benders." Aang added.

"You might want to rethink that. Look at this." Sokka said and they looked to the other side, finding Aang's wanted poster and Persephone's. The girl sighed, looking to Aang.

"Hey, a poster of me and Persephone!" Aang said, taking it down to look at it.

"A wanted poster. This is bad." Sokka said.

"I think we better keep moving." Katara said while Persephone sighed.

"But Aang needs to learn fire bending at some point, and I'm not a master. I was taught what the monks wanted me to know for protection. Even I don't know everything." She told them.

"I guess we could go check it out." Katara said.

"What?! You want to walk into a Fire Nation town when they're all fired up with all their, you know, fire?" Sokka asked, and Persephone nods her head.

"We will wear disguises. And if it looks like trouble, we'll leave." Katara told him.

"Yeah, because we always leave before we get the trouble." Sokka said and they got dressed in their disguises. Persephone put her long hair down, her natural waves coming out and the sun shined down on her natural highlighted hair, she made sure to cover one of her eyes with her side bangs and she put on her fire nation jacket she kept for the colder weather.

She looked to Sokka and Katara who put on dark cloaks and Aang just put his shirt over his arrow. "It's like you're a whole different person." Sokka teased while Persephone chuckled and held onto Sokka's hand.

"Come on, I'm going to show you guys my culture." She said with a wide smile.

Everywhere you went, there were fireworks, sparkles, and even fire dragons roaming everywhere as Persephone felt at home. Nothing had changed as she went to a mask booth and grabbed some masks for everyone one. "It's tradition to wear masks." She told them, putting them on for everyone.