Chapter 15

THE NORTHERN AIR TEMPLE

The group was flying towards the Northern Air Temple, Aang was excited to actually think that some Air Benders might have survived the attack from the Fire Nation after a man told him that he talked to the Air Walkers just last week

The group was flying towards the Northern Air Temple, Aang was excited to actually think that some Air Benders might have survived the attack from the Fire Nation after a man told him that he talked to the Air Walkers just last week. Persephone was confused, knowing from Sokka and Katara that they hadn't seen an Air Bender since Aang, and their grandmother as never seen one either.

"We're almost to the Northern Air Temple. This is where they had the championships for sky bison polo." Aang told the group, Persephone laughing.

"Remember that one time when we saw Gyatso try and ride an air bison that one time." Persephone laughed and Aang joined in.

"And he fell right off, and made a hole into one of the temple walls." He said, Persephone cackling.

"Do you think we'll really find Air Benders?" Katara asked.

"You want me to be like you or totally honest?" Sokka asked.

"Are you saying in a liar?" Katara questioned him.

"I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing, basically." Sokka told her.

"Hey, guys, look at this!" Aang yelled and Persephone smiled, seeing people flying around the temple, only for her and Aang to frown when they saw that they were gliding, not actually air bending.

"They really are Air Benders!" Katara said.

"No, they're not." Aang said.

"What do you mean, they're not? Those guys are flying!" Sokka pointed.

"Gliding maybe, but not flying. You can tell by the way they move they're not Air Bending. Those people have no spirit." Aang said just as a boy flew down towards them, laughing.

"I don't know, Aang. That kid seemed pretty spirited." Katara told him, and Persephone smirked.

"Show him how it's done." She told him, Aang opening his glider as they went at it.

"We'd better find some solid ground before it finds us." Sokka said, Appa Lansing as they watched the boy and Aang go at it.

"Go, Teo!" The others cheered, Persephone frowning and crossing her arms while Aang was following his every move.

Persephone might have chuckled when Teo created a picture of Aang's face, and she went over to meet him. "Hey, you're a real Air Bender. You must be the Avatar. That's amazing! I've heard stories about you." He said happily while Aang smiled.